PDA

View Full Version : Snaking removed from Mario Kart Wii

Shrygue
March 17th, 2008, 17:17
via Go Nintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?p=37964)

We’ve heard that the boosting was quite different in the latest edition of Mario Kart, but it still wasn’t confirmed that snaking was gone altogether. Well, according to Official Nintendo Magazine (UK)’s review, snaking is a thing of the past. Here’s a portion of their review…

The second big difference (in Mario Kart Wii compared to the rest of the series) is the removal of snaking. Ever since the N64 game, practically every Mario Kart game has included the ability to get a speed boost by waggling the controls left and right as you powerslide. This has finally been scrapped, and now your speed boost is determined by how long you can hold the slide.

SSUK
March 17th, 2008, 20:39
Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!

Auriman1
March 17th, 2008, 22:00
That's good news to me. I was never a fan of snaking, and it's one of the main reasons I wouldn't play Mario Kart DS online very often, since so many people used it.

AngelicLiver
March 17th, 2008, 22:00
Good.

I love the Mario Kart series but the snaking on Mario Kart DS practically killed the fun of online play. It was excusable in F-Zero GX as it was a pretty difficult maneuver to pull off but it's MK: DS translation was just tedious and detracted from the actual fun.

kurtless
March 17th, 2008, 23:23
Yeah,it'll be interesting and more fun without snaking.Your win will be determined more on what items you get,and less on if you snake the whole way through.

CoinCollector
March 20th, 2008, 17:37
No....that's what makes the game fun!!! Now how boring will time trials be?

Markzilla
March 22nd, 2008, 03:06
I'm an expert snaker, and I still like this news.

wiggy fuzz
March 22nd, 2008, 08:56
i can snake any time, but i just hate it playing mario kart ds on wifi with someone snaking. it just stops the game from being fun, and makes it overly competitive. i hate that.