PDA

View Full Version : PSP firmware 3.93 has been released

Shrygue
March 18th, 2008, 16:01
Okay folks, Sony has today rolled out firmware version 3.93 for the PSP. More features to the radio function and more support for PS Network titles. You can update through Network Update on your PSP or download it at Sony's website. The update log from the UK site is shown below:

Main features updated in version 3.93

Game

Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.

Additional features added for [Internet Radio]

The number of players that can be used by the [Internet Radio] has increased.
"CLIP" Series: 13 players
"ONE SWITCH RADIO" Series: 7 players

Leave feedback via comments

JKKDARK
March 18th, 2008, 16:06
Nice, I cannot wait for the custom firmware release.

AdamRav
March 18th, 2008, 16:14
Not really a breath taking update

but it may be good for some users

jxx2005
March 18th, 2008, 16:40
wont take long for DAX to get 3.93 M33 out
if its even worth it
doesnt seem like a great update

newb_fo_life
March 18th, 2008, 17:24
I hope there isnt a cfw for this,dax should really just get ready for 4.00 tbh

Zin0099
March 18th, 2008, 17:25
yeah now i have to settle for my jap crisis core instead of my new english crisis core coming next week although im geting another psp for $65 and a $40 ps2 that doesn't read games but it will fix the other ps2 just sitting pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gunntims0103
March 18th, 2008, 18:47
Sony's trying to buy time for the 4.00 update i bet.

No_one_in_particular
March 18th, 2008, 18:47
I hope there isnt a cfw for this,dax should really just get ready for 4.00 tbh
How exactly ?

It's barely worth a release, but I can't understand why anyone would be hoping it won't be released.

garyjameshayes
March 18th, 2008, 19:22
this sony thing is bullshit because i am waiting for custom firmware because i am on 3.90 and extremely want custom firmware but if dark alex hurrys up i might be able to play my game and customise my psp so two messages

1 sony hurry up with the ****ing firmware because you pissing me right off with the 3.93 or 4.00

2 dark alex hurry up so you can do the custom firmware that i want to customise my psp

newb_fo_life
March 18th, 2008, 19:41
How exactly ?

It's barely worth a release, but I can't understand why anyone would be hoping it won't be released.

Because it wouldn't make a difference,what a few more games on the play station network,thats my opion and we all have different opion's somtimes

No_one_in_particular
March 18th, 2008, 19:45
Yes, and we can all disagree with opinions, correct ?

Those few more games might make the world of difference to a PSP user, even if it matters little to you - I just don't see what you've got to lose from it, that's all.

NoQuarter
March 18th, 2008, 20:36
What is the highest firmware required of a game lately?

Kinda pointless update, at least for me that is.
I too hope Dax waits for a higher version.

kris threat
March 18th, 2008, 21:02
this sony thing is bullshit because i am waiting for custom firmware because i am on 3.90 and extremely want custom firmware but if dark alex hurrys up i might be able to play my game and customise my psp so two messages

1 sony hurry up with the ****ing firmware because you pissing me right off with the 3.93 or 4.00

2 dark alex hurry up so you can do the custom firmware that i want to customise my psp

Those are the kinds of comments that keep coders from releasing stuff. Just be patient. As for waiting for 4.0 or making a 3.93 m33...It would save him some effort because any work he does making a 3.93 custom firmware will be patched up in future Sony releases. If he waits...they may not catch any holes thus saving his time and effort for something more worthwhile. Ultimately he'll do what he wants, regardless of what everyone else wants. So don't be jumping up and down getting anxious. It'll come.

Shrygue
March 18th, 2008, 21:13
I'd wait it out for firmware 4.0 or any other number that has something big in it. There's no rush, Dark_Alex chooses when to make another new version of custom firmware in his own time.

Alucardmoon
March 18th, 2008, 21:16
yeah wait for something more useful like hopefully an official file organizer
music equalizer
add .gif viewer in pics instead www viewing
i cant think of any others at the moment any body els got anything

kyyubidx
March 18th, 2008, 23:23
i'm still in favor of DivX playback... Something that makes more sense with the 16gb sticks...

acn010
March 19th, 2008, 16:14

you ungrateful child..... its their decision when to release them.... not you... so calm down and be patient.

jxx2005
March 19th, 2008, 18:08
What is the highest firmware required of a game lately?

Kinda pointless update, at least for me that is.
I too hope Dax waits for a higher version.

i think GoW CoO needs 3.90 and probably crisis core also needs 3.90

word from sony's "psp firmware" page

Internet Radio

New players for radio (Internet Radio) are now available.* For details, see Internet Radio.

*This feature expansion is not related to the version 3.93 update. You can use the additional Internet radio players with system software 3.80 or later.

so the ONLY thing with this update is added support for PSx titles

next think

that is a pretty damn stupid first post buddy

1. sony needs to work bugs out of their firmware and work on new features

2. this release isnt even something that DaX should bother with, (see my above post for why)

so you should learn 2 things
1. dont make your first post a complaint with swearing
2. dont demand anything from any CFW or homebrew developers
they dont work for you, they make such things as a public service, they dont get paid for it (as far as i know)

learn to respect people that are better than you are

sony is better than you
and Dark AleX is better than you

No_one_in_particular
March 19th, 2008, 20:06
LOL^

...and you're going to die alone and sad.

Eviltaco64
March 19th, 2008, 20:49
I'd wait it out for firmware 4.0 or any other number that has something big in it. There's no rush, Dark_Alex chooses when to make another new version of custom firmware in his own time.

I agree! 2.0 - Web Browser, 3.0 - PS1 Emulation.
What will sony add that can be hacked by Dark_AleX this time :rofl:

doomvshalo
March 20th, 2008, 11:32
does it hav radio 1,galaxy yet?cause that would defiantly be a reason to make 3.93m33

KING RICH
March 22nd, 2008, 17:41
all i can say is: WHEN IS THE F***ING PSP FW 4.0 GUNNA CUM OUT!!

darkriku2000
March 23rd, 2008, 05:22
This calls for a demotivational poster:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p98/darkriku2000/Untitled-1-2.jpg
It's my first time trying to make one, so it's not gonna be very good

pcchazter
March 25th, 2008, 23:56
Need a dam release of custom firmware that don't need 3.90 m33!!!!!!! Or pandoras battery cause I now dont have a battery because of trying to make one!

jxx2005
March 26th, 2008, 01:12
what the hell
all you noobs
this firmware release had 1 point
and that was updated PSX title compatibility

the new radio players DO NOT REQUIRE 3.93 FIRMWARE

F9zDark
March 26th, 2008, 02:28
How exactly ?

Its a double edged sword, but honestly, I think this update is worth a CFW update. Playstation Network additions are always nice, in my opinion. PS1 games are found on the PSN, and when Sony adds functionality to that, that increases the possibilities for having more PS1 games from our own libraries working on the PSP.

If Team M33 gave us a choice between this firmware and 4.0, I'd go with 4.0 because it adds Divx (which may come with WMV support like it did on the PS3). But if the team can do both, why not?

Ziro-End
March 28th, 2008, 05:44
I was waiting so long for a new update. So that Dark Alex can make a new CF. I've been stuck on 3.90 for so long. It would be good if he made one for this.