PDA

View Full Version : R4DS v1.17 kernel

wraggster
March 18th, 2008, 16:05
Updated firmware for the R4DS Flash Cart (http://www.divineo.com/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=hb-ds-r4):

Update R4 v1.17 kernel 2008-3-18
1)Solved the brightness problem after soft-resetting
2)Solved 2107 the "Thanks" problem
3)Solved 2110 problem

http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm

paul3100
March 18th, 2008, 16:13
2)Solved 2107 the "Thanks" problem

this is a weird one ! i have an R4 and that Game and no problems at all, i played well over 50 minutes then saved and replayed and still nothing.

Also a lot of other m3 and r4 owners saying the same as me on other forums, so i guess it must be to do with what SD card you have or perhaps an older firmware v1.15 or under?

anyway always nice to have updates :-) paul

EDIT: hcsd support

I also was hoping to see this appear but don't think it ever will as from what i have read its more than just a firmware update required!

TaN00Ki
March 18th, 2008, 18:12
Yes, finally an actual update rather a simple "game xxx" fix, the last 4 updates were just games fixes.

*cross fingers for hcsd support someday*

Pilot_51
March 18th, 2008, 20:53
Ditto, but they're still clearly focusing on piracy more than anything. I hate how they found a workaround for the anti-piracy feature so fast and called it a "problem".

I'm still running v1.10 firmware because there's not much point in updating further (yet) and because it's the latest firmware that can be patched for English on Chinese hardware without problems.

I too have been waiting for that SDHC support ever since they announced it (I think it was originally supposed to be in v1.12). As soon as it's released (if ever) I'll probably be buying a 4GB microSDHC. If it's not released this year I'll probably just buy a card that already supports it and that actually doesn't condone piracy.

da_head
March 18th, 2008, 21:01
hmm took em a while for this fix. and why on earth do you need a 4 gb sd card...? 2 gigs is way more than enough, unless you plan to carry around tons of videos or use it as a portable hardrive or something lol.

Taris
March 18th, 2008, 22:52
yea, i'm thinking of switching to a card that doesnt support piracy, now that the spring in my R4 is broken. The R6 sounds like it has potential with all those features, but still supports piracy, doesnt it?

Also, props to Nintendo for that nifty feature in that game so it turns off after so long of playing. brilliant.

da_head
March 18th, 2008, 23:16
an update i've rly been waitin for is an interface improvement. the r4 interface looks so plain and bad :S compared to other cards (like Cyclo) which look awesome. its a simple matter of programming, but they're too lazy :( at least i have my custom skins

spinal_cord
March 19th, 2008, 00:02
The R6 sounds like it has potential with all those features, but still supports piracy, doesnt it?

It is supposed to load backups, but with each firmware update, people are reporting that the compatibility list is getting shorter. But as with any other card, all you need to do, is only put homebrew on it, leave teh r0mz alone.,

dharsam
March 19th, 2008, 03:27
can we use micro sd 4gig

Pilot_51
March 19th, 2008, 05:24
why on earth do you need a 4 gb sd card...? 2 gigs is way more than enough, unless you plan to carry around tons of videos or use it as a portable hardrive or something lol.You pretty much nailed it. I like having lots of music and videos (all legal of course) to play with as well as crap tons of homebrew. Besides, 4GB microSDHC cards are cheap now, about $20 USD.
It would also make a great portable drive, but I'd probably just use my current 1GB for most of that stuff.

paul3100
March 19th, 2008, 08:57
@ dharsam

No the r4 won't accept 4 gig SD cause anything over 2 gigs is SDHC which isn't yet or probably ever going to be supported by the R4 unless they bring out a new model V4

@ da_head & pilot_51

I would love to use my 4 gig card to store as many roms as possible as well as music and movies of course :-) , apart from emulators , dso and a few others i don't really rate the homebrew apps or games that much so i don 't pretend thats what i use my R4 for!

regards, paul

spinal_cord
March 19th, 2008, 08:58
can we use micro sd 4gig

R6? I does, but I have not tested it myself, I'm still using a 1gb card in mine.

m-p{3}
March 19th, 2008, 11:36
@ dharsam

No the r4 won't accept 4 gig SD cause anything over 2 gigs is SDHC which isn't yet or probably ever going to be supported by the R4 unless they bring out a new model V4

@ da_head & pilot_51

I would love to use my 4 gig card to store as many roms as possible as well as music and movies of course :-) , apart from emulators , dso and a few others i don't really rate the homebrew apps or games that much so i don 't pretend thats what i use my R4 for!

regards, paul

There are 4GB MicroSD which are not SDHC for your information, but they are somewhat hard to find (and non standard-compliant, and yes they work in the R4.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card#SDHC

As of early 2007, the simultaneous availability of non-standard 4 GB SD and of standards-compliant 4 GB SDHC cards...

dharsam
March 19th, 2008, 12:55
tnx 4 da reply everyone