PDA

View Full Version : NEW GUY with Gps connection problem

gwapingn8
March 19th, 2008, 16:33
I'm new to this gps psp scene made possible by deniska.. many thanks!:thumbup:

i'm quite good with understanding things as I was able to make my psp into a custom firmware and do the pandora upgrading for friends and family, all by just following threads... but of course with some questions when in need of help..

now to the question related to gps...
I have the 5.2 Map This software installed with the tiny new york map pre-installed...

now with reading and research... i have created myself a toronto map.. which were I live at... and i am so excited, because now i got the gps-290... i tried to link to the satellite but even after 20 minutes I still am not receiving anything...

i'm running it on 333 mhz when using the map this software..

my psp was originally 1.5 and was upgraded all the way to a 3.8 m33-5 without any downgrades (no missing links or brick or key cleaning to do)

but why is that I can't seem to get a sattellite received on my psp? is there something else that I'm missing..

i have made some research... it does not seem to be important to have the prx files for custom firmwares above 3.7, is this right? if not, maybe the prx files are the only things I need to make the gps unit to receive satellite feed for the psp... please HELP!!!!!:confused::confused:

fischauge
March 19th, 2008, 17:42
what does GPS-state say? ON or OFF?

gwapingn8
March 19th, 2008, 22:20
off to begin with...

but even when i turn it on..

nothing happens.

gwapingn8
March 20th, 2008, 01:50
i see.... hahaha, my mistake, i solved my own problem...

If nothing else works....

learn from my GPS outside your house... meaning go outside and drive, if it doesn't work... then you might have a problem..

hehehehe.... my dumb mistake

fischauge
March 20th, 2008, 16:41
lol? you tryed to get satellites in your house?

gwapingn8
March 24th, 2008, 01:25
lol? you tryed to get satellites in your house?

yup, pretty much! :thumbup:

PDG
March 25th, 2008, 14:18
*Lolz*
And people asked be why i included a line in my guides "Hunt for GPS signals outdoors not indoors."

There was a reason for it and still it seems to baffle people :)