PDA

View Full Version : gta 1 question

poison2003
August 28th, 2005, 04:43
hey guys i found the specs for gta game and was wondering if it was able to play on teh psp with an emulator can anyone answer this?

Minimum Specification
75 MHz Pentium or Equivelent
16 Mb of RAM
1MB VESA compatible SVGA graphics card
DOS 6.0, Windows 95, Windows 98
80 MB of Hard Disk Space
Sound Card
Keyboard

Recommended Specification:
166MHz Pentium or Equivilent
16Mb of RAM
2Mb VESA compatible SVGA graphics card
Windows 95 or Windows 98
80 MB of Hard Disk Space
Soundblaster Compatible Sound Card
Keyboard
Windows NT (any version)

U can get gta 1 and 2 here free
http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/index.html

Kaiser
August 28th, 2005, 04:55
Only problem is that its for Windows not PSP. Porting this game would be illegal as well.

poison2003
August 28th, 2005, 05:23
i didnt know it would be illegal... but im not asking to do it ;) i wanted to know if its possible

Kaiser
August 28th, 2005, 07:41
i didnt know it would be illegal... but im not asking to do it ;) i wanted to know if its possible

Its possible I suppose. But it will never get ported so it really doesn't matter.

PvtAddams
August 28th, 2005, 09:58
What about bochs on psp? its possible and then put win95 or even faster DOS on it and run gta1? I don't know how much laggy that will be :D

bill00000
August 28th, 2005, 15:16
Unless R* releases the source for it...

poison2003
August 28th, 2005, 19:17
well we could try to email them and ask to release teh source for gta or maybe gta2 (to play on the multiplayer :D)

Accela
August 28th, 2005, 20:29
well we could try to email them and ask to release teh source for gta or maybe gta2 (to play on the multiplayer :D)

lawl... rockstar guys are cool enough to release their oldies for free...but not that cool to release the sources..and anyway, rockstar is at this time coding
a psp game called Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Cap'n 1time
August 28th, 2005, 22:29
Windows 95, differant flavors of dos, and Linux (in the worst form you can imagine :( ) are all running on PSP via some x86 emulator. Its pretty unlikely that GTA would run on that as its limited to 8 megs of ram. ( I know the psp has more. but Bochs crashes if more than 8 megs is used.)

Your better off for a REAL distrobution of linux is released with the ability to push the psp to its full potential. then perhapes you could run gta1 in WINE or somthing... but i doubt it.

aruka57
August 29th, 2005, 00:19
alternately, http://www.grandtheftendo.com/

and i guess there's the Game Boy Color games, and the GBA one if it's emulated well

poison2003
August 29th, 2005, 07:42
is that game free or for game boy colour?

YourStillWithMe
September 2nd, 2005, 05:20
More like why wouldnt you just go support rockstar for making such a great game? Support them if you made something you'd want people to buy your shit. Or a good idea is to download the iso, try it out to see if you will buy it and than delete it. Once again im not saying i've done that but i know people who have. Support sony people and GTA I think GTA 3 was the best so classic it revolutionized a new form of shooting on the PS2 and allowed other companies to not be afraid to show that kind of material on the PS2 and nudity in games.