PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Replacement Plug (Important)

Eric
February 22nd, 2005, 15:09
This is for people who dont know and if you are a person owns a 2003 model of the Xbox you might want to check it out for yourself. The plugs in you xbox have been causing some minor injuries and fires. I am not sure if this is for Europe but this is important so everyone should visit www.Xbox.com for information on this problem and for your free purchase of a replacement plug.

Eric

EDIT: sorry that it was posted twice but during the posting i forgot the free purchase part and pressed refresh and i would also like to apologize if this is not a dreamcast related subject but i thought it was important to post

kgenthe
February 25th, 2005, 04:37
Actually the power cable is fine. Its the PSU (power supply unit) thats crap. On variuous versions of the xbox the power supply unit had some crappy solder joints on the power supply near where the actual power cable plugs into the xbox. The joints crack over time/stress and the xbox shorts/sparks/smokes/catches on fire. What the replacement cord actually does is cut the power to the xbox if it sense this sort of power load/shortage. The power cable is fine, its the cheap PSU that is the problem.

Also, interestingly enough, when you order a replacement cable, if your Xbox has a "foxlink" brand PSU, you get a cable with all the fancy "anti" xbox starting on fire protection (its big and ugly). If your xbox had another brand PSU, you actually get an idneticle cable to what your currently have.

read more -> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=361537

Phantom
February 27th, 2005, 15:30
If your xbox had another brand PSU, you actually get an idneticle cable to what your currently have.It's similar, but not identical.