PDA

View Full Version : Legion

wraggster
March 21st, 2008, 10:23
Smealum (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4973.0.html) has posted an entry into the Neoflash Coding Contest:

http://www.isawtheassassin.com/smea/Legion/demo_screen2.PNG

Nickname: Smealum and Lobo (and ZeBlackos for the music)
Projet name : Legion
Division : NDS Game
Original enter : YES
Support Motion : NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10 : NO
Project description: { Legion is an isometric 3D Action/Shooting game set in a Fallout-like post apocalyptic world. You play as Brutus, a mutant who is accompanied by a quite unnerving machine...CHAP. }

Controls :

In Game :
Stylus : aim, change Brutus' direction
Up or X : Run forward
Down or B : Run backwards
Left/Right or Y/A : Run side ways
R or L : Shoot
R + L : Open MOD menu
Start : Pause
Select : Swap screens
The DS is supposed to be held this way :

In Dialog :
Stylus tap : make the dialog continue
Start : skip the whole dialog

The game's goal is explained during its introduction.
Beware when you save : there's only one save slot, so saving will automatically erase your older save file.

To get the game to work, you must place the "legion" directory at the root of your card and DLDI patch the Legion.nds file !

To the judges : please do not judge the game after having only tested the first level as it is far deeper than that and has very various environments and a very complete background story.

Also, this is only a demo. There are 6 levels, the final version will feature 12.

Special thanks : LOBO ! ZeBlackos ! dev-fr.org , playeradvance.org , #dev-fr , #pa.org (especially the testers...) and #dsdev.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

w00tman X
March 22nd, 2008, 11:20
Well, it's a good start.. But it REALLY needs a larger viewing space... You can't see far enough to enjoy the game.

But, it's quite fun. Keep it up.

Mini Moose
March 23rd, 2008, 01:44
But it REALLY needs a larger viewing space... You can't see far enough to enjoy the game.

I seconed that notion. (I agree)

brummerthedrummer
April 14th, 2008, 04:36
a larger viewing space might be good, but then again it might not. i had an alright time getting through the demo as it is. Rather than a larger viewing space maybe a map or a radar would come in handy. idk, just suggestions. anyways keep up the good work! and make sure you finish this game im really looking forward to beating it!

EDIT

oh yea! the mod menu... another way to open it besides L+R might be cool...maybe from the menu screen. i find that opening it up with shotgun bullets causes me to waste a bullet.

NINTENDUDECT
April 14th, 2008, 07:17
Yea, I downloaded this last week. Excellent demo, in my opinion. I can't wait for the final version.

For those who don't know, there is a little bit of swearing in the story.;)