PDA

View Full Version : newbie: needs help, have questions.

shiroshi
March 21st, 2008, 20:56
hi,
i've been reading this site (FAQ/Sticky) and several other about getting Map This to work. the more i read the less i understand, it's very confusing to me. anyway, i have a psp 1001 (fat), with sony 3.03 FW and i believe w/TA-082 motherboard. in order to add a custom firmware 3.XX do i need to downgrade it first. is that true? i've read where they've downgrade FW but you need version of GTA:LCS game. why do i need the game?
i've load Map This 5.20 on my psp but i get the error (80004xxx) and from wiki it's probably cause i don't have a custom FW. which is okay i understand that. i'm just worried about turning my psp into a brick trying to downgrade w/TA-082 mb. any help would be greatly appreciated.
i ordered the psp-290 gps unit and eagerly waiting for it.

thanks...

fischauge
March 21st, 2008, 22:20
From which country are you? I only found the way with the game. So you have to buy a original Version of GTA:LCS and you need the old version with the leak. Search for an Tutorial.

shiroshi
March 21st, 2008, 23:02
From which country are you? I only found the way with the game. So you have to buy a original Version of GTA:LCS and you need the old version with the leak. Search for an Tutorial.

USA:Texas is where i'm located.
why do i need the game? i'm never going to play it.

Nieko
March 22nd, 2008, 08:13
There's a bug in the original version of the game (later versions may be patched and not work) that allows unsigned code to be run, allowing the installer for CFW to do its work. Same applies to Lumines 1 btw., which works up till 3.50.

You're probably better off finding someone who already has a CFW on his PSP and lend his PSP to create Pandora's battery. This can even be used for unbricking a PSP. Plenty of tutorials out there :).

shiroshi
March 22nd, 2008, 13:31
ok, i'm still confused.

1. do i need to downgrade with a TA-082 mb first before i can use Map This?

2. i need original version of GTA:LCS to downgrade?

3. this is a PITA, should i just go out and buy a slim psp?

4.on Dark-AleX site theres a TA-082 downgrader to use with 2.71 HEN. what does HEN mean?

don't know anybody else with a psp or even one with CFW.

thanks...

PDG
March 25th, 2008, 14:15
Short solution.
Get a Pandora Battery and a converted Memorystick or a friend that has Custom FW that could help you convert your battery and memstick temporarly then you should be god to go.

With a Pandora kit you can flash ANY PSP regardless what Firmware.

More info can be found on http://www.psp-hacks.com *Forums*

shiroshi
March 26th, 2008, 01:21
thanks PDG...
guess i'll research pandora battery.

PDG
March 28th, 2008, 07:16
thanks PDG...
guess i'll research pandora battery.

The http://www.PSP-hacks.com forum is a good place to start :)
Its supposed to be dark blue and if its lightblue and white then its redirected to somewhere i dont know :)

I discovered this today, i yhink they got a bit hijacked :)

loyet172
March 29th, 2008, 19:34
I Need some help with my psp Im just new here and please somebody helpy, I just intalled mapthis everything is working but I can't get (dearing and altitude on the screen, if anyone knows how i can fix this please again letme know thanks

Nieko
March 30th, 2008, 13:15
Start by reading the stickies, then if you have a problem that's not describe there, post exactly what you're doing and exactly what's going wrong...

loyet172
March 30th, 2008, 22:08
Thanks Nieko for responses, I just installed mapthis on my psp i do follow the step and everything is ok on the screen map but, when gps is on the altitude is blank and bearing either, please help me how to fix this...

loyet172
March 30th, 2008, 22:33
somebody help, I just installed mapthis on my psp , i did follow all step but in the screen map there's no altitude -- and bearing-- I check gps info and i see all info but doesn't start as speed etc. please write at [email protected] or leave a reply here thanks

fischauge
March 30th, 2008, 23:25
what does GPS STATE SAYS? ON OR OFF?

Nieko
March 31st, 2008, 07:59
What does "i did follow all step" mean exactly, and "all info"? Does it give you a location, and a speed? Are the satellites even fixed? Try posting a screenshot of the GPS info screen.

Oh, and don't double post, better edit your previous post.

loyet172
March 31st, 2008, 21:54
o yes I FOLLOW ALL STEPS , DOEN'T GIME A LOCATION AND NO SPEED, I CAN SEE HOW MANY SATELLITE I BEEN RECEIVING.

loyet172
March 31st, 2008, 22:32
At The Gps Info: Gps State:on
Time And Date Is Correct
Sat-view:00 Fixed: 00 Hdop:0.0
Lat:0.000000 Lon:0.000000 Alt:0.0
Speed:0.00 Bearing:000 Loc:1
Cpu:89mhz And Satellite Info
Showme Every Satellite 9 In Total
I Try A Screenshot But Nothing Happend Still The Same Way, Please Helpme I Know U Guys Are Ginus

loyet172
March 31st, 2008, 22:34
Gps State Is On

Nieko
April 1st, 2008, 10:25
See http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Enable_GPS_mode. Using the PSP-290 receiver (I assume that's what you have), at least 3 of the satellites need to display "fix:1" instead of "fix:0". Wait for that to happen, then it'll show you where you are.

loyet172
April 1st, 2008, 18:43
Thank you very very much.... you're incredible
I wait for few minutes and works after I enable sat,
but my question is how I can make my psp gps talk,
you know go right or make left, i look out for a address and just make a line to follow please if you know how to do that i will be glad , you're the master i know that u can make it, thanks again....

Nieko
April 1st, 2008, 19:13
That's also explained on that very Wikibook, see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Address_Lookup and http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Getting_POI_files.

Basically, everything you need concerning Map This! should be on the Wikibook :).

shiroshi
April 11th, 2008, 04:36
update: i was able to get me another psp, pandora battery and cfw 3.71 m33-4. i installed MapThis! on the psp and loaded my maps. took my car for a test drive but couldn't get it to work. came back after 5 mins figured i would do some more reading. i started playing with it again and notice that it had a fix on my position while i sitting on my couch. i will take it for a test drive soon.
thanks for everyones help...

shiroshi
April 12th, 2008, 21:31
okay, after a few days of enjoying the gps. i have a couple of questions.
1. is there any way to set the zoom level on maps. e.g. i have an area that i want to include but the zoom level is either too small or too large.

2. i have created several maps for my area, is there a way to combine these maps so that i don't have to reload each one for the cities i'm traveling through.

3. after i created my maps and have use them, is there a way to go back in gmdl and reload the maps so i can add more zoom levels. i didn't include them the first time i made the map to cut down on size but now i want to add them back.

thanks...