PDA

View Full Version : Euro Launch Thursday What firmware PSP will you Get ?

wraggster
August 29th, 2005, 21:10
Its not long now till thursday and for an experiment i want all who buy their PSPs to check what firmware is in it, i would say theres no chance of a v1.0 but its possible that you could find v1.50 if your lucky ( the only shop i know who did have some v1.5 was SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) but its a risk you take)

Most likely youll be buying a v1.52 or v2.0 PSP

Please report what your firmware is and where you brought it just in case there is some v1.5s around or maybe Sony will bring in a higher firmware number ?

PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)
August 29th, 2005, 22:54
idiot

Mental2k
August 29th, 2005, 23:13
Please delete that post (and this one) its completely off topic!

And try to keep on topic eh?

Hevyduty
August 30th, 2005, 02:21
In the US, it's possible to tell what firmware the PSP has just by looking at the box (specifically, the UPC sticker), therefore allowing you to know before you buy.

I wonder if a similar pattern will emerge for the Euro launch.

BigDaddyXD
August 30th, 2005, 08:35
Were all going to get f**kin' 2.0.... At least thats what Sony says.
With the stupid words: "[blah blah] ...able to have 2.0 already installed on every
PSP that is going to be sold in Europe... ...eveyone can use all the great improvements right from the start..." BARGH!!
A great improvement would be, to make it possible to run whatever homebrew i want
to, without having to hack the shit out of my PSP until it's bricked!

Sanka
August 30th, 2005, 11:32
Hi Ya

I'm a British Retailer.
I'm Currently holding a a British 1.52, came with demo disc containing v2 update............................

I'm Guessing the rest of our stock is like this, because we have only opened 1!

-- 1 thing --

I've been following this site very closely, and some of the emulators and games you have posted, me and some top marketing people of scee have been playing with. Of which we love it!!!!!

Don't stop, The homebrew scene is just about to get a massive kick with the help of Yoshihiro and Team Wab.......

Tomppa
August 30th, 2005, 12:14
Hmm.. Well if you Pre-Ordered you don't get the chance to look at the box.. I hope they son crack the version that I'm going to get or more likely 2.0 anyway becouse the advantages of it.. Sanka, top marketing people os scee have not upgraded..?

ataribob
August 30th, 2005, 18:42
Hmm.. Well if you Pre-Ordered you don't get the chance to look at the box.. I hope they son crack the version that I'm going to get or more likely 2.0 anyway becouse the advantages of it.. Sanka, top marketing people os scee have not upgraded..?

I don't know how you figured it but there is no advantage to upgrade to 2.0 big enought to have me get rid of my 1.50 and the very big amount of games I can play with it now.
It's stupid to.

Also this leak about the 1.51 and 1.52 break will make some people
Think twice now.

Sony does not release very good games to make me want to get rid of the Home brew.

Cap'n 1time
August 30th, 2005, 23:01
Hi Ya

I'm a British Retailer.
I'm Currently holding a a British 1.52, came with demo disc containing v2 update............................

I'm Guessing the rest of our stock is like this, because we have only opened 1!

-- 1 thing --

I've been following this site very closely, and some of the emulators and games you have posted, me and some top marketing people of scee have been playing with. Of which we love it!!!!!

Don't stop, The homebrew scene is just about to get a massive kick with the help of Yoshihiro and Team Wab.......

If what your saying is true then thats good news for the rest of you european peoples... But i bet anything that the next batch of psp's for europe will come preloaded with 2.0 firmwares. It might be wise to grab it right away.