PDA

View Full Version : MUGEN DS Released

wraggster
March 22nd, 2008, 15:45
Spanish coder ANTONIOND has released Mugen for the DS.

Heres the translated details:

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/printscreen.JPGhttp://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/printscreen2.JPG

http://digg.com/nintendo/MUGEN_DS_Released

Hello everyone.

In view of the people who wanted this game I decided to try to do it myself. It is still a very early beta. This means that even you can not do anything interesting. The most important thing is that I already have the basics done ... And works very well. The burden of graphics has been complicao because of the short memory of the DS and I wanted to upload pictures of animated 64x64.

We will go slowly improving, and at the end I will probably be able to add your own characters and scenarios, but this is (On all of the characters).

Controls:
Right / Left: Move. If you run twice in a row instead of walking.
Above: Jump. It can double jump.
Below: Covering. It can be during the jump.
A: Pueñetazo.

(For the curious)
L / R: Move the player ... 2 We got to test ... And there continues.
Select: debug mode. Not much ... Simply draw the rectangles collision of each character.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via ANTONIOND (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_-Proyecto--M-U-G-E-N--DS_983626?pagenumber=2) & thanks to devfr (http://www.dev-fr.org/) for screens

anandjones
March 22nd, 2008, 20:01
Oh wicked love this game engine on PC. Thanks!

rememberthe8bit
March 22nd, 2008, 20:46
Yay! Portable Omega Tom Hanks!

Mini Moose
March 23rd, 2008, 00:00
You can't possibly be serious. There is no way you port this to the DS. (and still be as fun as the original) It's just too much for the DS. It won't be able to handle it properly.

Unless of course you're making some twisted version for the DS, that's nothing like the original. (i.e. special character formats, etc.)

Is this a port of MUGEN, or some nasty spin-off of it?

x24
March 23rd, 2008, 03:28
this isn't another that you have to program on the ds is it??

JKKDARK
March 23rd, 2008, 04:59
it looks like not good, I don't know if it's a port.

hinatasu18
March 23rd, 2008, 17:15
This is AWESOME! I love Mugen for PC. Mugen for DS would be wicked ... especially considering that there is still no decent 2D fighting game on DS until now.

havoc_012
March 23rd, 2008, 20:37
This is AWESOME! I love Mugen for PC. Mugen for DS would be wicked ... especially considering that there is still no decent 2D fighting game on DS until now.

Bleach DS 2 disagrees with you.

DimensionT
March 24th, 2008, 02:00
You can't possibly be serious. There is no way you port this to the DS. (and still be as fun as the original) It's just too much for the DS. It won't be able to handle it properly.

Unless of course you're making some twisted version for the DS, that's nothing like the original. (i.e. special character formats, etc.)

Is this a port of MUGEN, or some nasty spin-off of it?

What makes you think it's not possible? As long as you're not loading too many/complex characters, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Hard? Probably... Impossible? No.

Have you tried the demo? It's already running at full speed. There' might only be one character and no sound, but it's the first release. Low bitrate .WAVs for sounds won't be hard to handle... Nor would MIDI for the music.

Mini Moose
March 24th, 2008, 22:26
What makes you think it's not possible? As long as you're not loading too many/complex characters, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Hard? Probably... Impossible? No.

Have you tried the demo? It's already running at full speed. There' might only be one character and no sound, but it's the first release. Low bitrate .WAVs for sounds won't be hard to handle... Nor would MIDI for the music.

Yes, I see your point. But what I mean is that would it require specially made characters to meet the specifications for the DS? Then that means it's not "port" if it does.

DimensionT
March 25th, 2008, 00:29
If you look at it in that sense, then nothing is ever an actual port. Everything needs to be modified to a certain degree for it to work on the platform it's ported to.

If it's a straight port of the engine, then the characters wouldn't need to be modified at all. Though that'd mean a way bigger load on the DS... And if all you're changing is the audio, you'd just need a converter for the character sounds and MIDIs to be played for the stages. No need to customize characters.

That's why I said "As long as you're not loading too many/complex characters". It can surely handle a few Ryus and Kens... But adding the last boss from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or adding 200 other characters won't ever happen.

tunglashor
March 25th, 2008, 11:32
Well, there are no existing ports of Mugen as nobody has the source code (the only binaries available are the DOS, Windows and Linux x86 ones created by the original developers). So I'm assuming this is a home-made Mugen clone and not an actual port.

Mini Moose
March 25th, 2008, 20:55
If you look at it in that sense, then nothing is ever an actual port. Everything needs to be modified to a certain degree for it to work on the platform it's ported to.

If it's a straight port of the engine, then the characters wouldn't need to be modified at all. Though that'd mean a way bigger load on the DS... And if all you're changing is the audio, you'd just need a converter for the character sounds and MIDIs to be played for the stages. No need to customize characters.

That's why I said "As long as you're not loading too many/complex characters". It can surely handle a few Ryus and Kens... But adding the last boss from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or adding 200 other characters won't ever happen.

But then wouldn't the aspect ratio of the DS be a problem? (as it is with most emulators n' stuff)

Narutonoor
March 26th, 2008, 21:28
This is looking incredible. I just can't wait for some features like adding characters and what not.

pr0t0man504
May 9th, 2008, 04:02
Bleach DS 2 disagrees with you.

dont forget jump ultimate star just get the english patch for it and its the best DS game out there

Mini Moose
May 9th, 2008, 07:23
And to be entirely honest, I'd be very surprised if this project sees another release.

(Because the truth is, most projects don't get updated. It sickens me how many projects get abandoned. I understand that these people do it for free and on their own time, but I really believe that you shouldn't start something you wont ever finish.) I'm looking at you devs.

kaotikshadowz
December 30th, 2008, 18:01
couldn't you just make one that would work with the things like cylods or the r4?

witeds
January 16th, 2009, 08:23
i like it... it is a good start i hope it gets don if not i hope i can get the homebrew making figured out so ican make a port but i curently dont have time i have been wanting to see aversion of this on the ds

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
keep up the good work
and dont listen to those who put you down about it just keep it up i wish you luck in getting it working right

Medz03
March 8th, 2009, 14:33
Yeh this could really become BIG. You never know how this could end up. It could end up being a game that works like mugen Aaaaand supports ds wireless. Keep it up.

ericboy235
June 14th, 2009, 13:33
Hey I wanna insert MY mugen characters in. Is there something i can do?

rockoman100
December 30th, 2009, 22:46
What Is The Problem With You People!?!?!?! .rar Is **not** An .nds Format!!! Fix It!

Stash23
January 1st, 2010, 08:26
What Is The Problem With You People!?!?!?! .rar Is **not** An .nds Format!!! Fix It!

I find you again? o.o Google WinRAR and EXTRACT it first.

weegeemaster55
April 25th, 2010, 02:19
hmmm..i love mugen for my computer but mugen on my r4....... sounds ok but too good to be true...