PDA

View Full Version : Trucha Exploit Now Fixed By Wii System Update

wraggster
March 22nd, 2008, 22:33
lets hope nintendo leave the twilight hack alone:

A new Wii System Update has been reported, the trucha exploit reportedly is fixed by this(needs confirmation).

UPDATE

As of March 22nd, no software uses IOS37 -- the System Menu currently uses IOS30. An updated System Menu will likely use the new IOS37.

What does this mean?
* Until the system menu is updated to use IOS37, it will have no effect.
* Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, "Trucha-Signed" discs -- or channels -- will stop working, as will the Freeloader disc.
* At that point, "homebrew channels" would be considered "invalid" by the system. The consequences of this are unclear, but that could potentially prevent the Wii from booting.
* Other versions of IOS are not affected.
* The Twilight Hack is unaffected.

via wiibrew (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

supersoni88
March 22nd, 2008, 22:44
so i can still use the twilight hack if i do this update?

Anonymous D
March 22nd, 2008, 22:55
theres an exploit other than the twighlight hack? i musta missed that one, can anyone explain?

____anders____
March 22nd, 2008, 23:35
all it does/did is that if you changed anything inside of the wii game iso, for example you can uncensor manhunt 2, but if you do that the wii won't read the dvd, cus you break the signature on the disc, so with the trucha signer you can resign the iso after you modify it so the wii can read it.

i did the update earlier today, in sweden so i have a pal wii.
i don't have a modchip so i guess the trucha exploit is pretty useless for me (am i right?)
did i do the update for shop channel or the one that fix the trucha exploit?

phsychokill
March 23rd, 2008, 00:34
wonder if this will affect the freeloader altho the disc doesnt actualy load it just crashes the console.

mcdougall57
March 23rd, 2008, 01:27
oh crap i just updated i hope it hasnt stopped my modchip

sneezle313
March 23rd, 2008, 02:13
I don't believe this. Did not effect me. I signed my 5dvd version of ssb, still works

TheFoil
March 23rd, 2008, 03:50
I'm pretty sure your disc still works because the new firmware update hasn't been in effect yet.

from http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37 :

" * Until the system menu is updated to use IOS37, it will have no effect.

* Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, "Trucha-Signed" discs -- or channels -- will stop working, as will the Freeloader disc. "

Apparently this will affect the Datel Freeloader as well! Does this mean Datel used the Trucha Signer or something like that? Similar to the Pandora stunt they pulled..

DimensionT
March 23rd, 2008, 04:24
Anders is right. All this does is fix modified game discs. The Zelda exploit will still work, as nothing on the disc is modified... Just the save data.

icecoolwas
March 23rd, 2008, 10:00
when did this come out?? this update? cos i updated two days ago

icecoolwas
March 23rd, 2008, 10:04
Btw, I left wiiconnect24 all on yesterday night, does it update the wii automatically??

Please i beg someone to release a patcher that lets you send emails,news channel, online gaming etc, without putting wiiconnect24 on! Grrr i hope my wii didnt update, what can i do to check?

Btw, i updated my wii 2 days ago, about wii ware or something, has the patch been installed onto my system? Someone has to release a downgrader right now because homebrew channels will stop the wii from booting, we need a homebrew patcher or a downgrader that wont allow your wii auto update unless you want it to..

jak66
March 23rd, 2008, 18:20
Btw, I left wiiconnect24 all on yesterday night, does it update the wii automatically??

Please i beg someone to release a patcher that lets you send emails,news channel, online gaming etc, without putting wiiconnect24 on! Grrr i hope my wii didnt update, what can i do to check?

Btw, i updated my wii 2 days ago, about wii ware or something, has the patch been installed onto my system? Someone has to release a downgrader right now because homebrew channels will stop the wii from booting, we need a homebrew patcher or a downgrader that wont allow your wii auto update unless you want it to..

They cannot force an automatic update on you, so unless you hit a button that saide upgrade, you should be fine.

That said this won't affect you immediately anyway, it will probably be fw 3.3/3.5/4.0 that breaks trucha/freeloader/homebrew channels, as this needs another update to activate (one that makes the wii menu work with IOS37)

A little more comfort for people;

Note this is NOT the update from a couple of days ago that was related to Wiiware. That one is confirmed as `safe`.
Source (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Oh, and as for datel using trucha like they used pandora;

The Datel Freeloader disc is probably a modified version of their GameCube product. The disc's header is marked as RFLP5D (for the PAL version), and it contains one encrypted partition with the ID DTLX01. It exploits the same signature verification bug as trucha signer, and an unknown method to frustrate attempts to dump the disc using standard methods.
Source (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Datel_FreeLoader)

Now, maybe Datel did find this eploit themselves, but to me, it seems unlikely they did.

icecoolwas
March 23rd, 2008, 19:47
[QUOTE=jak66;2148038597]They cannot force an automatic update on you, so unless you hit a button that saide upgrade, you should be fine.

That said this won't affect you immediately anyway, it will probably be fw 3.3/3.5/4.0 that breaks trucha/freeloader/homebrew channels, as this needs another update to activate (one that makes the wii menu work with IOS37)

A little more comfort for people;

Source (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Main_Page)
QUOTE]

Man thank god! You dont know how much stress you've taken out of me! Thanks man i owe you! Now only when people get into the system, a whole new custom firmware that dosnt have any of the security **** thats coming in the new firmwares will hopefully be released, what do you think?

DimensionT
March 24th, 2008, 01:54
Why're people freaking out about this? The people that should care are the people that use Freeloader. By what's stated it will have NO effect on homebrew.

It breaks modified games, but why does that really matter? Oh noes! No uncensored Manhunt or Guitar Hero customs! Also, the only reason you would care about "scrubbed" games is if you're pirating them.

____anders____
March 24th, 2008, 17:00
yeah, i totally agree with DimensionT, i hope this won't break the homebrew channel that team twiizers are making though..

phsychokill
March 24th, 2008, 22:18
Anders is right. All this does is fix modified game discs. The Zelda exploit will still work, as nothing on the disc is modified... Just the save data.
all this will do is push people to make homebrew reigon removers and will most likly lead to piracy since as it is the freeloader can only read real discs but removing the reigon with the hack will most likly remove the authentic disc check leading to people pirating games without mod chips. so to me if nintendo do this they are most likly shooting them self in the foot.