PDA

View Full Version : PBPSpoof v1.1 !!!

wraggster
March 23rd, 2008, 10:32
News/release from PEB (http://xtreamlua.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3345)

Hi!

Here I present to you my new Homebrew (according to research done for the future Xtream Firmware still under development):

Who never was blocked by a firmware too old to execute a formal EBOOT (demo for example)? You were then obliged to update your firmware ... Those days are gone with PBPSpoof

You will understand, PBPSpoof modification EBOOT official so you can run it from any Custom Firmware. It is very easy to use: select the EBOOT, PBPSpoof takes care of everything, simply!

More info in the readme.txt.

Latest version: v1.1
Quote:

Changes in v1.1:
--------------------------------
> Added an option which allows to launch changed after EBOOT
Ça change.
> Fixed several bugs in the file listing.
> Improved navigation in the MS. Now you can use the keys (left / right / up / down to navigate).

Link: http://bdpp.c.la

newb_fo_life
March 23rd, 2008, 11:08
COOL! :D :D :D well done!

dangee
March 23rd, 2008, 11:25
another chip knocked out of the Eboot ice !

MicroNut
March 23rd, 2008, 12:25
Very nice thank you!
Unfortunately, I don't have a game that requires >3.71
so I cant test it.

-Xandu-
March 23rd, 2008, 14:17
So what does this add? You can just change the EBOOT firmware using PSPBrew or any similar software.

dangee
March 23rd, 2008, 14:35
So what does this add? You can just change the EBOOT firmware using PSPBrew or any similar software.

PC-dependant functionality transferred over to the PSP can be useful
in some situations.

ab88
March 23rd, 2008, 21:46
That would break the encryption. But I guess CFW still would be able to run it. Unless it's detected as corrupted data after the modification.

PC-dependant functionality transferred over to the PSP can be useful
in some situations.
Not if the eboot makes any higher kernel calls. It would just hang/freeze when executing.

-Xandu-
March 23rd, 2008, 22:02
That would break the encryption. But I guess CFW still would be able to run it. Unless it's detected as corrupted data after the modification.

Homebrew EBOOT's aren't "signed". And no they just show up normally.

ab88
March 24th, 2008, 08:21
Homebrew EBOOT's aren't "signed". And no they just show up normally.

Well this is meant for official eboots, he mention demos for example. There is no need on homebrew since I believe the default parameters applied when compiling are: firmware 1.0, parental level 1(or whatever the lowest is). That being also the reason why 3.xx kernel homebrew launches on any firmware. Even when there are known issues that could arise. Or do you mean custom firmware executes all eboots the same:confused: I'm not too informed on the level of modifications the firmware implements on officially signed programs.

dangee
March 24th, 2008, 13:53
..Not if the eboot makes any higher kernel calls. It would just hang/freeze when executing.

yes, the "spoof" in the title suggests that this
only takes the Eboot beyond "the game could not be started" ,and would crash as
soon as the ELF hits an unsupported kernel call.

but I've just d/loaded minna nogolf 2 demo
(requires f/w 3.8) onto 3.40OE-A, cracked it with this spoofer and
played the first hole.
no crash/freeze/PC support .. sweet as !!

jamotto
March 24th, 2008, 18:46
Echochrome does not work on 3.52 M33 with this.

kryst abegnalie
May 22nd, 2008, 12:54
wow nice, i can now run valhalla knight 2 demo game, hehehe, nice app:thumbup: