PDA

View Full Version : Wii Duplicated Channel Remover 1.0m (Multiregion version)

wraggster
March 23rd, 2008, 22:05
News/release from waninkoko (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79588&st=0)

This application removes the duplicated channels installed after upgrading the Wii with a JAP or USA game.

Note:

This application uses the trucha bug to remove channels. Don't upgrade your Wii!!

How to use:

Just run the application with Twilight Hack or burning the ISO. Then wait until it finishes. After that the Wii will restart automatically.

Also, the application will modify some data so these channels won't be installed anymore.

IMPORTANT NOTE: USE THE SPECIFIC VERSION FOR YOUR WII!!

I don't take any responsability if your Wii gets damaged.

Greetings.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
March 23rd, 2008, 23:30
so i guess the trucha exploit can do pretty good stuff other than resigning the discs.

i don't have a modchip or duplicated channels so i can't test it.

what if you remove the channels with this, it modifies data so you can't ever update again or what?
i mean in the other post about the trucha exploit is fixed by the update, it says that the wii may never boot again, so we can't update again if we use this?
or we risk that our wii won't boot again?

sneezle313
March 24th, 2008, 00:04
it probably just fixes a bug that allows multiple channels

mcdougall57
March 24th, 2008, 02:23
finally!! need to remove those extra channels caused by resident evil

lotech
March 24th, 2008, 04:07
Has anyone run this yet? reports?
Thanks

Torgod13
March 24th, 2008, 17:21
But the unfortunate thing is that it wiped out the working set of the duplicate channels... (I used the NTSC ver on my US Wii). Not that i ever use the weather and News channel, but its kind of a bummer any way. Any one know how to reverse this problem??? Thanks.

____anders____
March 24th, 2008, 18:08
ooo!
i almost knew there was something weird about this..

mcdougall57
March 25th, 2008, 02:26
really? ill give it a miss then

id rather have duplicate channels than a set of non working ones

AuroEdge
March 25th, 2008, 08:53
If you messed up your channels on an NTSC Wii you probably used the older PAL only version of this tool. Good tool, but doesn't remove all traces of the duplicate channels, in an effort to prevent them from getting installed again but leads me to believe this is the culprit for the Forecast Channel not displaying correctly (select it from Wii Menu and it will not show current weather conditions unless you open it). And, if this tool can detect that you have/had other region channels installed Nintendo can as well.

hassler
May 21st, 2008, 02:56
so we burn this into GameCube disk size right?

iceman100
August 8th, 2008, 05:45
How does this shit work any directions?

mystery0link
October 30th, 2008, 15:29
If you messed up your channels on an NTSC Wii you probably used the older PAL only version of this tool. Good tool, but doesn't remove all traces of the duplicate channels, in an effort to prevent them from getting installed again but leads me to believe this is the culprit for the Forecast Channel not displaying correctly (select it from Wii Menu and it will not show current weather conditions unless you open it). And, if this tool can detect that you have/had other region channels installed Nintendo can as well.

:eek::confused: i ran the chennal remover on my NTSC wii 3.3 and it deleted my usa channels now i cant update a NTSC game on my wii so i cant play my newest game guitar hero 4 PLEASE!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!! SOOON

i hope there is some way to reverse this process