PDA

View Full Version : News: Next Wii System Update Bricks Freeloader?

wraggster
March 24th, 2008, 17:18
Codejunkies' godsend to Wii importers appears to have been blocked out by yet another system update in America.

The Wii's Freeloader, a disc which allows users to play NTSC titles on a PAL console, has been out for a mere week, but Nintendo have already decided to counter it with a new system update.

The updated firmware, currently only available in America, has been reported to block out the Freeloader, preventing users from being able to play imported titles. For now, we urge any Freeloader users who wish to continue using their devices not to activate any new system updates. Stick with us for the latest developments.

Update: WiiBrew have admitted that the reportedly blocking of the Freeloader is in fact a "hilarious" April Fool's joke (it's Easter Sunday, or March 23rd, in case you didn't know). The widespread panic and paranoia caused by the clever editor of the WiiBrew page was all for nothing. Readers, you may sleep soundly tonight in the knowledge that this whole thing has been debunked.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11627

____anders____
March 24th, 2008, 17:59
hehe good one :D

siggy2guitar
March 24th, 2008, 18:05
I hate wiibrew.com :mad:

p.s.
My brother my brother says :rofl:

siggy2guitar
March 24th, 2008, 18:16
Does this mean the trucha signer will still work!?

phsychokill
March 24th, 2008, 18:27
does this mean i can update and still play brawl?

souLLy
March 24th, 2008, 19:32
Wiibrew uses a wiki system, it was defaced by malicious users. The real wiibrew guys are good chaps.

____anders____
March 24th, 2008, 22:25
ah..
okay they're "the good guys" :D

mr_nick666
March 25th, 2008, 09:06
Check the page now people. Its been locked by the Wiibrew guys and states its no joke :(