PDA

View Full Version : Don't upgrade your PSP to 2.0!

wraggster
August 30th, 2005, 15:43
Pikoro (http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/348/2/) posted this news at his site:

Been talking with Yoshihiro lately and got some "inside" information.

If you want any hope of playing homebrew on your 1.51. or 1.52 PSP, don't upgrade to 2.0.

He is currently working on a downgrader for 1.51 and 1.52. DO NOT UPDATE TO 2.0!

It appears to be a one shot deal. You won't be able to use the same method to run homebrew on your 1.51 or 1.52 because it HAS to be an update, or something along that lines. Looks like the hole might be in the updating process.

He has also put out a call for bricked PSPs. If your PSP has been bricked, and you cannot return it because it's out of waranty since you bought it online or some such, let us know. You can donate your PSP to "the cause" and, if you like, your name will be put into the NFO file when the utility is released.

If you're interested in donating your PSP, a bricked PSP, or just a 1.51/1.52 motherboard, get onto IRC and join #WAB on the irc.blackcats-games.com server. DO not join #WAB on EFNET if you'd like to help. It isn't the "Official" WAB channel. The Yoshihiro that is on EFNET is not the one we all know and love.

YourStillWithMe
August 30th, 2005, 18:21
If .51 and .52 require "homebrew" to only be run through the update (that's where the leak is) than do you believe homebrew will ever possible on 2.00 or am i screwed? I mean after all someone found out that tricking 2.00 into thinking it was a 2.10 update got it to get past the loading screen, the update file has been decrypted and someone recognized what type of files the 2.00 recognizes in the GAME folder. All we need to do is figure out how to run it. . . .
I have a 1.50 as well but I was being stupid and updated my 1.52 to 2.0 curisosity did kill the cat. . . I wouldnt mind having 2 1.5's! Well at least i still have one. :)

WSOUNitePirate895
August 30th, 2005, 20:48
I am guessing that ppl are curiuos as into if they can hack1.51 and 1.52, It is breakthrough, however just wish 2.0 would be worked alittle more, i think its close to being cracked. I am seeing were going to be one update behind when hacks become available thoughout the life of the PSP. So expect 2.0 to be hacked by November and sony making a 2.x by october/november (my guess)

(Purchased Online PSP's dont have warranty?, my circle button got stuck in place, never sent it to sony becuase of fear of losing my homebrew privelages)

poison2003
August 30th, 2005, 21:56
heh... i already upgraded it again to 2.0 :( from 1.52 i thought they would find somehow to run homebrew on 2.0 rather then 1.52

alepus
August 30th, 2005, 22:59
If .51 and .52 require "homebrew" to only be run through the update (that's where the leak is) than do you believe homebrew will ever possible on 2.00 or am i screwed? I mean after all someone found out that tricking 2.00 into thinking it was a 2.10 update got it to get past the loading screen, the update file has been decrypted and someone recognized what type of files the 2.00 recognizes in the GAME folder. All we need to do is figure out how to run it. . . .
I have a 1.50 as well but I was being stupid and updated my 1.52 to 2.0 curisosity did kill the cat. . . I wouldnt mind having 2 1.5's! Well at least i still have one. :)

i dont really know what you mean but from what i've figured out this a downgrade to 1.50. and it does not allow homebrew to run on 1.51/1.52.. it downgrades it to a 1.50.

demonpig
August 31st, 2005, 01:22

Though I am not in an English speaking country, (I am a Chinese),I should tell that you have made some understanding mistaken. The post prints out that the downgrader will work through a update file line not mean when you finished downgrade, it works in a update way. Also once you finished downgrade it's a version 1.5 psp at all(maybe). Waiting for Sept 1st coming soon.

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2005, 02:25
At what point did people stop useing common sence.
And think 2.0 was gonna be cracked before 1.51 and 1.52 anyway.
As long as this homebrew war goes on with sony and the Hb comunity.
There are two things you can count on. New harder to crack updates.
And dissinformation. To confuse people into thinking its okay too, Or that they NEED to update.
My psp is 1.50 and it will be untill its seen its last days. Im never gonna update.
Id like to end this post With a nice warm round of applause for sony :p
I really mean that. They have played there hand well this round.
Its just like natural selection found in nature, Sony is gonna keep with the dissinformation, and the continued updates. untill only the strong the survive.

( X+ 1.0/1.5 = Homebrew) X= Common sence

[ Y+ 1.0/1.5 = 1.51+/ N] Y= dumbasses N= No homebrew
with a remander of me laughing my ass off at them:p

MaverickHunterX
August 31st, 2005, 19:48
No sense beating people down and calling them dumbasses Shadowprophet.

Cap'n 1time
August 31st, 2005, 20:05
No sense beating people down and calling them dumbasses Shadowprophet.

I have to agree. thats a bit uncalled for shadow. misinformed mules perhapes... but not dumbasses.

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2005, 01:50
We give them cookie when they come here and wine about having upgraded.
And havnt read the one billion posts that advise aginst it? :rolleyes:
Face it this is the information age. For somone to update before they know the facts. Comes down to them completely ignoring all the information they have at there finger tips.
I do not retract my post on this one guys :o

And lets face it. Even tho you dont announce it. When you hear a sob story of somone updateding to 1.51+ and then wineing about it.

The first thing that comes to mind isnt, damn what a misinformed mule.
No I think not rotf lol

But that does have its humor in it.

Check this out----

Definitions of ignorant
lacking general education or knowledge; "an ignorant man"; "nescient of contemporary literature"; "an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues"; "exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions"

ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge; "ignorant of quantum mechanics"; "musically illiterate"
lacking basic knowledge; "how can someone that age be so ignorant?"; "inexperienced and new to the real world"
used of things; lacking sense or awareness; "ignorant hope"; "fine innocent weather"
unversed: lacking knowledge or skill; "unversed in the jargon of the social scientist"
lacking information or knowledge; "an unknowledgeable assistant"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitions of dumb

dense: slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finely mule. That ones too easy.

So you see all the words used apply. Its just flaming to say them in there literal form.
And besides. I wasnt directing it at anyone specificly.
However. It doesnt change much my negitive view of people who update disreguarding all the posts advising aginst it, and then complain about it.

And its not so much at people who update in general.
Leggy updated, I dont think hes a dumbass. He knew about homebrew. And opted for the update.

No my negitive views are reserved for people who know how homebrew works.
know that if they update they cant play homebrew.
And then update anyway. And then have the grapefruits to come in here and wine that they cant play homebrew. Come on it pisses you guys off too. You know it does.
In my book thos people are true dumbasses guys.

MaverickHunterX
September 1st, 2005, 04:22
We've all been at that stage at one point or another.
You may be older, but do you consider their age? They might be a younger audience, or someone who just occassionally visits this fourm to check on things, not always having time to look at all viewpoints on what they should upgrade to or from.

Admins expect commers and goers to want a simple and fast solution to what they want. Thats why instead of exclaiming ignorance, see if the question is valid, or already been answered in a Sticky. If it has, people moderate it, lock it, delete it. If the question is presented in a valid way, then answer. If childish, moderators lock it and delete it before it gets flammed. Thats the moderators job.

In fact, this post is serving as a flashing warning itself not to upgrade.

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2005, 04:38
My opinionis.
That if a younger individual is into codeing/homebrew, emulators
Then they are old enough to reap the benifits/ endure the hardships of the folly of there actions.
If your old enough to understand how to read and use these forums.
Then your old enough to be treated equaly as any other individual here in.
Theres no excuse. for not getting the facts on somthing before you use it.
When the facts are right there.
Ive read the forum rules.
I dont recall any rules stateing that ones posts had to be directed in such a way as somone who just got done watching barny could enjoy them.

But just for the children, I will dedicate the rest of this post to them.

Hi neighbor Can you say sony.
Sure I knew that you could.
Sony wants you to download an update file for you playstation portable.
Downloading. Thats a big word can you say downloading.
Thats good children.
What the update really is. Is an attempt to stop you from playing homebrew on your psp.
Psp thats short for playstation portable kids.
Whats the update does. is prevent you from playing games on your psp that you otherwise might enjoy.
So remember kids Dont update if you dont want the other kids to call you names.

Now to mavrichunterx.
Ive been around for a while. You dont know me very well. and steadfastly refuse to see the humor in my posts that others that know me might have seen. Before you get all bent out of shape about me and my opinions.
That are mostly intended for a laugh to break the otherwise dead serious attitudes that haunt these forums.
I suggest two things . Read some of my other posts where I have went to great lingths to help many people. Or develop a since of humor.
Either would be of benifit to you in this case:p
Peace out, lmao

Gawd I can be such a Jackass at times, I dont know what it is. maybe I just need to vent a while.

Cap'n 1time
September 1st, 2005, 06:00
well i (being the most impatient user the internet has ever seen) have learned to count to three and just leave it alone. We all had to learn some time after all. well.. i was always perfect.......... And remember, your only being an asshole when you enjoy being impatient.. Otherwise your just impatient...

and im an asshole >:D

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2005, 06:04
Damn skippy 1timeuser.
I was just thinking to myself the other day.
How would one get in contact with the most important person on the internet
And then it hit me you where offline at the time lol

grabnak
September 1st, 2005, 06:46
Damn skippy 1timeuser.
I was just thinking to myself the other day.
How would one get in contact with the most important person on the internet
And then it hit me you where offline at the time lol

Lolerskates

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2005, 08:06
Lolerskates

I searched and searched for the meaning behind this new word I had never came in contact with before.
It was more like a quest actuelly to find its real meaning.

Lolerskates - This occurs when someone posts something funny and then follows up with another humorous anecdote. So it breaks down like this, funny post, lol, second funny post, lol (see figure 1).
|---| <---- Fig. 1
|___\
| * \ \____
|________|
lol . . . . lol . . .

Nice word, Makes since too once you put some thought into it.
I think i'll use it more often.

Yup learn somthing new every day :p

Now Just so this thread doesnt get closed.
Back to the topic at hand.
That being.

DONT UPDATE TO 2.0 ==MEANING DO NOT!!

we now return you to your regularly threaded program, already in progress:cool:

chrisvenn
September 1st, 2005, 15:28
Well im not upgrading my psp ive got a v1.52 and it will stay that way and fingers crossed people will crack it soon :)

shadowprophet
September 1st, 2005, 18:45
Im one of those glass is half full type guys. And right now my glass is half full of beer.
But I believe given enough time. 1.51 and 1.52 will be exploited.
And it wouldnt suprize me any to see 2.0 exploited (someday)

However keep im mind im drunk right now.
I was talking to some friends the other day. Where there from, instead of drunk they called it pissed.
In america to be drunk and pissed, means watch out. cause some bad shits about to go down.:p
But at any rate im pissed/drunk enough to know I need a sandwitch. later people :D