PDA

View Full Version : PS3 2.20 update is out, get your BD-Live while it's fresh

wraggster
March 25th, 2008, 02:57
Nothing beats that straight-from-the-oven firmware smell, and Sony just hit the internet with its PS3 2.20 firmware update goodness. The big win here is BD-Live interactive Blu-ray compatibility (Blu-ray 2.0), but there are some other minor tweaks as well, mostly multimedia and web browsing related. Unfortunately, portable copy didn't make the cut, but there's always 2.30, right?

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/24/ps3-2-20-update-is-out-get-your-bd-live-while-its-fresh/

dark heart
March 25th, 2008, 03:36
what? why does this kind of stuff get posted here? I'm sure ps3 owners aren't so lazy that they can't simply click the "ps3" link above to find this out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this on they're mind.

ab88
March 25th, 2008, 07:20
I guess to inform that portable copy didn't make it. Since that was PSP related.

dark heart
March 25th, 2008, 12:11
"Since that was PSP related" well I'd be happy to be informed as to why it might be.

Panini
March 25th, 2008, 12:43
what? why does this kind of stuff get posted here? I'm sure ps3 owners aren't so lazy that they can't simply click the "ps3" link above to find this out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this on they're mind.

This crap happens all the time. :mad:

Wragg is trying to brain wash us into buying a PS3. lol

I guess its a very slow news day again so its filled with PS3 spam.

F9zDark
March 25th, 2008, 14:10

The firmware also added making playlists on the PS3 and copying them to the PSP and using them to play music in a certain order. However I thought this would require a PSP update as well.

This is probably why its in the PSP section, I will test it soon and let you all know if it works. Would be nice to finally have playlists...

"Since that was PSP related" well I'd be happy to be informed as to why it might be.

Portable copying is a feature of BD movies and I believe some DVDs that support it that allow you to make a copy of the movie, encoded specifically for the PSP to take on the go.

DPyro
March 25th, 2008, 15:26
Worthless update. I'll stick with 2.10 for now...