PDA

View Full Version : CaSTaway Coming to PSP (AtariST emulation)

wraggster
August 30th, 2005, 19:52
Skeezix the master of the porting of the AtariST emulator Castaway is now working on a port of it to the PSP and at the moment he has it working and we may see a release soon :)

Heres a screenshot

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/psp_2Dcast_2D001_small.jpg

geise69
August 30th, 2005, 20:14
Man this is so awesome! I still have my original Atari 1040 ST with hundreds of games. This is great news! I love my Atari ST just as much as my Amiga. Now I can have both on the go. Last time I used this emu on my computer it worked great. I'm sure it will be the same just probably a bit slower. Great news! For people that have never used an atari st or an Amiga there are alot of great games for these computers. I suggest getting some info and checking out this emulator.

Mr.Modem
August 30th, 2005, 20:29
This is great!!! The only unemulated system I miss now is c64.

parabolee
August 30th, 2005, 20:33
Yep yep, Atari St was a close second to the Amiga, awesome computer LOT'S of great games. This would be better than the SNES emu's if if ran at a good framerate.

The PSP just get's better and better ever day!

Mr.Modem
August 30th, 2005, 20:37
Yeah the Atari ST was a great computer, but it's a pity the sound chip was so bad. Just compare the music from the ST version of Lotus Turbo Challange 2 with the Amiga version and get know what I mean.