PDA

View Full Version : Hows my new sig?

nomi
March 25th, 2008, 13:18
Hows my new sig? all it was, was a learning experience for me and this is the final product...
Criticize away!

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 13:20
Not too bad...

The dude is wayyyy to blurey, and im not a big fan of the text.

Slap a boarder on it, and darken it up.

nomi
March 25th, 2008, 15:00
Hows this? which ones better?! i tried making the guy a little less blurry...

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 15:08
Whats with all the textures that your using?

I suggest starting again. Use a sig that is the full 120px high, and make it more narrow.

Use a high res render, and dont shrink it too much. Remember the render is going to be the main eye catch part.

Add a light source with a large soft brush.

Stay away from those funky textures. Are you using photoshop?

No_one_in_particular
March 25th, 2008, 15:20
Yours is smart Triv1um, you got any other stuff you've done online?

Anyway, Nomi - you're learning, and it shows. I'd agree with the points above, just arse about with Photoshop for a while and you'll naturally improve. Then you can go back and laugh at how shoddy your beginning stuff is in comparison lol. :)

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 15:29
Yours is smart Triv1um, you got any other stuff you've done online?

Not really, its the first one that ive actually liked alittle.

Shadowblind
March 25th, 2008, 15:36
Emphasize Kratos a bit more, too....his image is kinda blurred.

JKKDARK
March 25th, 2008, 16:12
Emphasize Kratos a bit more, too....his image is kinda blurred.

Yeah, he looks like from a 1998's 3D game

nomi
March 25th, 2008, 16:18
Yes I'm using photoshop.. Thanks for all your help I will start over on another version and upload it.. Then you may criticize again! Thanks again!

EDIT: Here is the new signature that came up with your help!

Triv1um: what did you mean by high res render, and the light source with a soft brush. (I am just a beginner) Thanks

Anonymous D
March 25th, 2008, 18:01
as in start of with a higher quality image of kratos from somewhere like this:
http://planetrenders.net/

as for lighting, i thin he means make a new layer and set it to linear dodge (others will work try experimenting) then using a soft edge brush on a low opactiy paint on that layer with a colour the same as the light source you want to make.

Triv1um
March 25th, 2008, 18:10
Triv1um: what did you mean by high res render, and the light source with a soft brush. (I am just a beginner) Thanks

Light source -

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/Lightsource1.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/lightsource2.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/lightsource3.jpg

(Of course, you adjustment gradient layers over the light source to get the soft colours to suit your sig)

------

High res image - This is just how big the image is.

Say you have a mini image (10px X 10px) and you stretch it to 1000px X 1000px your going to get a pixelated mess.

So, keep to big high quality renders. So you can work with them better.

nomi
March 26th, 2008, 05:23
Thanks alot Triv1um, you've been a lot of help to me, now could you just tell me how my new sig is?

Triv1um
March 26th, 2008, 14:50
Its ok.

Have you used the stroke affect around the render? Dont.

Download some photoshop brushes to make it a wee but more interesting.

Darken the background up. Add a light source.

beetroot bertie
March 26th, 2008, 22:54
I'd say it might look nicer with a more fiery coloured background as the blue is quite striking and almost draws the eye away from the main focus. Something warm and rich. Using a gradient map adjustment layer above the background might do the job, or the hue/saturation function. Maybe you could overlay some symbols from the game over the background too to add to that epic feel if you fancy playing around a bit.

SamusLife
March 26th, 2008, 23:46
Triv1um: Nice work. Good advice given.
naomi: Great efforts! For beginning it's very nice. I agree with Triv1um in that a light source would set it off better. I can tell you were going for a type of shadowing from behind so the light source would set that off well. I was guessing you were using Corel Draw or Corel Photopaint because the background texture resembles many that are in Corels stock texture lists. Both good programs as well as Photoshop. Don'tcha just love how an art project just comsumes ya with passion?...it's like a drug for me. =)~

nomi
March 27th, 2008, 13:46
I will upload the rest of my works later, please check them out!
Thanks for your help everyone!

Tetris999
March 29th, 2008, 16:56
blue really doesnt match kratos IMO, but the second one was a lot better :P

anyway follow what trivum said :P i dont really know how to make things better myself XD

Napalm-Death
March 29th, 2008, 19:40
Since you're going with Kratos, red would have looked a lot better. Just keep practicing and you'll become better. :)

nomi
March 29th, 2008, 19:51
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100604
Could you guys go here and comment on the sigs I posted here?! please...
Thank You
Nomi