PDA

View Full Version : Sony promises 'unique' games for PSP

wraggster
March 25th, 2008, 13:41
Sony has promised a number of "very unique" game titles for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) later this year.

Outside of Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, Secret Agent Clank, and a line-up of additional sports games, Sony marketing manager John Koller said he didn't want to "scoop" anything, but that some "very unique" titles are coming later this year, with a focus on "franchise umbrellas".

In terms of downloadable games, Koller said consumer education will be a hurdle in the coming months because the PSP store is still in its infancy. "The Store will be very, very important for Sony and for the PSP's future," he said, including both PS1 and PS2 re-releases.

Koller also mentioned that upcoming PSP peripherals will include a keyboard (for internet browsing), camera and North American version of the GPS add-on planned for release this autumn.

To date, Sony has sold more than 31 million PSP systems worldwide. By comparison, Nintendo has sold more than 65 million global DS units.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=12510

JKKDARK
March 25th, 2008, 16:21
In terms of downloadable games, Koller said consumer education will be a hurdle in the coming months because the PSP store is still in its infancy. "The Store will be very, very important for Sony and for the PSP's future," he said, including both PS1 and PS2 re-releases

PS2 games there? I didn't hear about it before. But how they will resize the games? PS2 games are a lot bigger than PSX games.

Buddy4point0
March 25th, 2008, 16:38
ps2 games? yea they're huge. they are probably talking about remakes because the psp couldn't handle an untouched ps2 game

JKKDARK
March 25th, 2008, 17:37
I hope the PS2 RPGs will be available then, they are amazing :)

Justise
March 25th, 2008, 17:42
ps2 games? yea they're huge. they are probably talking about remakes because the psp couldn't handle an untouched ps2 game

There are some PS2 games that are not so huge or heavy for PSP to handle (see "Disgaea" PSP port that runs perfectly and has lots of in-game adds).
On the other hand it looks like the PS2 ports are running much better than the PS1 ports on PSP (see "FF tactics" PSP port that lags during battle all the time).

F9zDark
March 25th, 2008, 18:37

Talk around the net was that Sony was looking for experienced coders of emulators that understand the PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP hardware; many at the official PS Boards thought this meant a software emulator for the 40gb units (it may end up happening). I suppose this could be the case for the PSP as well, but again, the games are big since they are DVDs...

Who knows, maybe remakes of the early launch PS2 games that were small and not really up to par with the hardware will make it to the PSP.

But I doubt we'll ever see the likes of MGS2 or MGS3 on PSP.

marzsyndrome
March 25th, 2008, 18:54
Bear in mind that we're seeing larger and larger memory sticks materlialise into the market, so maybe PS2 emulation won't be such an impossibility in the end...

acn010
March 26th, 2008, 16:04
But I doubt we'll ever see the likes of MGS2 or MGS3 on PSP.
woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bring it on!
lol i wish they can do that....
besides dvd's are 4 to 8gb's and i finally got a 16gb mem stick... so i guess im more than ready! lol:thumbup:

No_one_in_particular
March 26th, 2008, 16:56
You've bought a 16GB stick ?! Aren't they retailing at like £200+ at the moment ? How is it ? :eek: