PDA

View Full Version : Emulation 64 Network Opens

wraggster
August 30th, 2005, 22:18
This site is one of 17 sites (yes 17 :p) ran by one person and is hosted by the Emulation 64 Network and now 3 of the biggest and best sites in that network have merged to create one of the worlds best sites for General and Next Gen emulation, check out Emulation 64 Network Here --> http://www.emulation64.com/

xuphorz
August 30th, 2005, 22:21
hmm, site still very early loking. it'l look better, right?

Martin
August 30th, 2005, 22:34
Ahem early looking?! ;) I think the design is great. :P

wraggster
August 30th, 2005, 22:37
lol Keith wont be pleased :P

UnderHill
August 30th, 2005, 22:50
lol funny avatar martin :D

Keith
August 30th, 2005, 22:54
It's all good, people have their tastes :D Thanks for the post wrags :)

xuphorz
August 30th, 2005, 22:58
i mean it has alot of ads. ads usually means early sites

Martin
August 30th, 2005, 23:23
Hmm quite the contrary I'd say, "early" sites rarely have ads and sites as old as this one are loaded with ads. ;)

wraggster
August 30th, 2005, 23:44
if you want to see loads of ads check out a certain rival PSP site :P

Keith
August 31st, 2005, 00:07
Yeah two of the sites that merged together have been around for many years. Only two ads per page seems small compared to some sites, even wraggster has more ads .. course not as many as pspupdates :D

wraggster
August 31st, 2005, 00:10
for news and no popups you cant beat the site

Keith
August 31st, 2005, 00:17
Yeah the network has the best sites which include all of wrags' sites .. which is a lot :P Wraggster is a robot I tell ya :P

wraggster
August 31st, 2005, 00:23
im really 5 people under the same name :P

RabidPuppi
August 31st, 2005, 01:53
personally i like the ads. if it werent for those banners, none of us would even know fleshlights exist! those banners help us find free video game systems just for testing them, kinky personals, loans for those of us with dubious credit and so much more...

shadowprophet
August 31st, 2005, 02:06
I think its snizzle :p

Gredler
August 31st, 2005, 09:30
hmm, site still very early loking. it'l look better, right?

You have to be kidding, right?

That site is very well put together, and very nicely designed. KISS through and through, and the ads aren't nearly as bad as a lot of other sorry attempts at puting together a site dedicated to serving the public without selling product(s).

Although I have to say, it's pretty fricken impossible to beat DCEMU and family when it comes to the chosen subject matter, but it's always nice to have choices ;)

Wraggster; have you ever considered contracting a some of your network to volunteers? The layout and structure of your network is flawless in my eyes; very navigable and uncluttered considering the wealth of links and information jammed into each page, but it has to get overwhelming having to keep up with pretty much the entire EMU and or console scene. I really appreciate what you've been doing, and it's truely amazing what you've accomplished with this network. Also, do purchases made on lik-sang through DCEMU give you affiliate credit? If so, I will start making all my purchases through your site, I'd love to kick back to you as much as I can :)

-Gredler

Martin
August 31st, 2005, 15:08
personally i like the ads. if it werent for those banners, none of us would even know fleshlights exist! those banners help us find free video game systems just for testing them, kinky personals, loans for those of us with dubious credit and so much more...
Wow, someone else understands the concept, thank you! :)

Gredler: Glad you like it, and yes, DCEmu is pretty damn hard to beat. :)

wraggster
August 31st, 2005, 15:25
im not going to bash other sites but those with popups, those horrid Free *whateverconsole* ads are terrible.

Google ads actually fit into the content of the page its on and so in my opnion you cant get any better, ive found many an interesting site that way.

As for other ads, i personally like ads that are relevent to the site they are on, in some ways they enhance a site, where would sites like IGN and gamespot be without em.

So for example a PSP site with ads from legit stores i think is a good thing and hopefully stops people getting ripped off by ebay crooks and the like.

On all sites with ads the main thing is you dont have to click them and you can ignore them if you dont like them.