PDA

View Full Version : Front SD ELF Loader v0.2a Released

wraggster
March 25th, 2008, 20:26
News/release from SVPE (http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_apps/Front_SD_ELF_Loader)

This is just a small Front SD ELF loader with a menu, written by svpe, #wiidev@efnet, [email protected].

There are probably still some bugs so don't blame me if something goes wrong.

See COPYING for the license (GNU GPL 2; and _only_ version 2)

Create an "elf" directory (all letters in lower-case, don't include quotes) on your SD card and put all your ELF files in there. Load the tp-hack-loader.elf with the twilight hack or the trucha-disc-loader.dol with a trucha signed disc.

If you want to compile it yourself you just need to type 'make' in the root directory. Precompiled elf and dol binaries are included.

The miniloader/ is just a quick hack to make this work with trucha discs because the apploader i used didn't seem to support a non-standard entry point. The real loader with the front SD code is in the loader/ directory.

v0.2a
Wiimote shutdown code from this wiki added
v0.2
Video mode detection (should work on PAL TVs now)
Faster ELF loading due to removed debug printfs

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
March 25th, 2008, 23:10
wow.. i hope it works :D
too bad my computer broke an hour ago :(, it`s probably the PSU, gonna change it tomorrow.. so i can`t test it right now.. (i`m writing this post with internet channel ;))
it won`t work with gamecube stuff will it? so i guess i`m gonna try the snake game tomorrow with this loader.

halatosis
March 26th, 2008, 01:35
This is the bare bones of what needs to go into a homebrew channel. Just a simple menu to simply boot and poof. A list of homebrew goodness to choose from. Pardon my babbling, probably due to the bottlecaps laying on my desk, but this is the first console I have been able to watch homebrew grow from its tiny baby steps to its inevitable ground stomping, console controlling big brother that it will become. I find myself overwhelmingly anxious for every little ap that gets released. Soon the flower will bloom, and thank you to all who have worked on what will be some fantastic homebrew goodness.

tehnoir
March 26th, 2008, 02:46
wow.. i hope it works :D
too bad my computer broke an hour ago :(, it`s probably the PSU, gonna change it tomorrow.. so i can`t test it right now.. (i`m writing this post with internet channel ;))
it won`t work with gamecube stuff will it? so i guess i`m gonna try the snake game tomorrow with this loader.

Ugh. You just reminded me that when I get back in town, I can't immediately start trying this app out. My HDD took a dump literally minutes before I left home, so I have to fix that before I can try this out :(

____anders____
March 26th, 2008, 13:23
ok.. i just switched my PSU now.. thank god i have a few in the basement :D hahaha

ok. now i'm off to try this one with snake and tetris :)

EDIT: btw good luck with your HDD tehnoir ;)
EDIT 2: it works prefectly!
and the blue light isn't glowing either, so i guess the dvd drive isn't trying to load data anymore, and the disc is spinning for nothing but at least your wii doesn't turn in to a barbecue anymore :D:)
so now we only need a program that allows us to rename the files on the sd card so we don't have to have a computer to switch between the original zelda TP save and the exploit, that would be awesome and maybe it isn't that hard to make that kind of program if know you how to code stuff ;)