Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

ok, i've tried to fix the black issue by moving the whole palette up by 1, for the most part, this fixes it and black blends find. However frodo uses a 256 color palette and on the ds, color 0 HAS to be transparent, but now that i moved the palette up, the last color is wrapped round to 0, so in some cases, color 15 (16th) is black instead of light grey. So that part still needs a little work.

Also I have changed the palette to pepto's palette, which is about as close to c64 hardware as any palette is ever going to get. I have added a wait for all the buttons used by the emulator (L,R,X,Y,B,Start,Select) so their function will not happen until the button is released. I have added a function to button Y, which now will list the files on the current disk.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W31JRMEV

I haven't yet managed to merge these changes to congoblase's version, im having difficulty compiling it atm.

has anyone found the bug that causes the corrupted discs after saving? it is in pc frodo as well.

also I'd love to get a frodo for my wii. i heard troy is working on that. is the source available already?
    Last edited by congoblase; September 13th, 2008 at 19:32.

i have changed the keys back so that use can use B for space again. also you can change key mappings from within the emu now. persistent screen scaling is also possible, but without spinal_cord's alpha blendig for now.

http://rapidshare.com/files/145146578/FrodoDS.zip.html

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for everyones continued involvement with this emulator!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by congoblase View Post
    i have changed the keys back so that use can use B for space again. also you can change key mappings from within the emu now. persistent screen scaling is also possible, but without spinal_cord's alpha blendig for now.

Great job! the emulator's really picking up speed in it's progress now :thumbup:

DCEmu Pro

It's beautiful that this is getting so much attention lately, thank you Troy,spinal and congo!

Troy, did alekmaul get in touch with you at all when he teased about a C64 emulator? Apparently it's another port of Frodo but may have gone into limbo anyway. He made a page on portabledev but never released it.It looks like he copied his AmeDS page, since there are pics of Amstrad but the history and specs are C64.

http://translate.google.com/translat...erso/sidds.php

Anyway I was just wondering.

I don't have the knowledge myself, but i think moving the sid emulation to arm7 should speed up the emulator quite a bit. I noticed now and then when the sound fails to start, the emu went quite fast. Is anyone able to do this?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by congoblase View Post

Thanks for this! There is a small bug. When you go to the page that allows you to change the screen size, and press "A" the line that says "Press X to reset screen size" is overwritten by a new line that is a copy of the "Press A to switch mode..." line (there are now two lines that say "Press A to switch mode...").

Should be an easy fix, and doesn't prevent anything from functioning.

Also, it would be nice if you added a shortcut for the "Y" button that made it fill the DS screen, so that you could easily go back and forth between a proportional screen and a full screen by using the "X" and "Y" buttons.

-Bri

thank for pointing that out. has been quite a long night...

DCEmu Pro

Is there a way to reset the emu with congoblase's newest key-configurable version? Start is now configurable so, perhaps you could make Reset one of the choices?
    Anyway thanks for the great work.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information