Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by kamatschka
    so... i have one question....

is it possible to port an OpenSource GPS Project to the PSP!?
    This would make your work maybe a little bit easier to integrate the ROuting Part in your software?!

I searched the web for Open Source GPS projects and found something maybe interessting for you!!

Here are the Links !!

First:

http://home.earthlink.net/~cwkelley/

Second:

http://gps.psas.pdx.edu/

Third Link:

http://www.gpsdrive.cc/

and the last Link!

http://www.gpsworld.com/gpsworld/art....jsp?id=283875

so... im reading these sites now to look if it's for USE but i Think you, deniska knows it better then me!!
    maybe you (deniska) could need something like this?!

Greetz

kamatschka
    Correct me if I am wrong, but neither of those projects deals with routing...

DCEmu Newbie

so.. none of these projects deals with automatic Routing ?!

All of these Projects uses manual Waypoint integration!!!??

Hmmm...

I think this part... the routing will be the hardest of all to integrate / code to MapThis....

so.. is there another way to generate Waypoints / routes directly on the PSP....
    Maybe i's possible to code a App like in7ane's for the PSP...
    Yes.. it needs a Wlan/Internet connection but it would be a solution to get A Waypoint File (Route) directly on the PSP without a Computer!

This would make your MapThis more mobile!!

sorry for my bad english , but I think you know what I mean!

DCEmu Newbie

Tiger Maps is the only 100% open map that has corresponding database. Its USA only, and dated 1998. (Which doesnt matter much in an established area like nyc...but might in say, Atlanta which has grown exponentially in the past few years)

Its from the US Census bureau and from what I read, a number of applications have been written using the maps/data

I wonder... if anyone's tried using the DATA files from Tiger to index another map like Google-maps.

Edit- Or a database from a commercial app like Streets & trips.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi deniska.
    You´re right, i´ve ripped my friends remotecontroller, and build a new cable. Now it works graet again... now i´ve build-in a audio connector... but i don´t understand why the not energy transporting cables or connectors must plugged in, but i must not understand everything...

Lightbulb

Here is a little update for beta testers with following new features:
    - basic trip details: timer, distance, avg speed
    - multiple icons (up to 10) support for POIs:
    each POI file can contain up to 10 different poi icons (see below)
    - removed icon size definition (the size if read from the image itself, this should be backwards compatible with prev definition though...
    POI definition example:
    !IMAGE:banks.png,
    43.269348,-82.531088,Eastern Michigan Bank,(810) 359-5353 - 5446 Main St; Lexington; MI,
    43.266922,-82.530929,Citizens First Savings Bank,(810) 359-7947 - 5536 Main St; Lexington; MI,
    43.275666,-82.619585,Eastern Michigan Bank,(810) 679-2001 - Croswell; MI,
    !IMAGE:food.png,
    42.976435,-83.058008,Linda\'s Country Store,(810) 798-3748 - 3070 Van Dyke Rd; Almont; MI,
    42.928440,-83.050100,Mc Donald\'s,(810) 798-2124 - 894 N Van Dyke Rd; Almont; MI,

- speed up in menu responses
    - some new parameters in config file:
    ###########################################
    # THIS VARIABLE IS INTRODUCED TO SMOOTH #
    # THE MAP MOVEMENT BETWEEN GPS UPDATES #
    # IE THE MAP WILL CONTINUE MOVEMENT IN #
    # THE SAME DIRECTION WITH A SLIGHT #
    # DECREASE OF SPEED FOR EACH NEXT #
    # FRAME RENDERING #
    ###########################################
    SPEEDFACTOR=0.97
    ##########################################
    ## LOAD WIFI MODULE ##
    ##########################################
    LOADWIFI=0

- NMEA buffer increased to 1024 - this may help some GPS devices
    - map size bug fixed. Now it should support maps up to 1024x1024

The zip only contains 1.5FW version...

[EDIT] Just added basic "DISTANCE TO MARK" support. (v02b_EBOOT.zip)
    You can set the mark with LEFT TRIGGER.
    When in GPS mode it will show the distance to the mark in either miles or KM (based on your SPEEDFIX var)
    I know in7ane wanted the arrow too.. perhaps someone could create frames for it ( 128x16) since my photoshop just stopped working... Once I have the graphics - I'll add it..

DCEmu Newbie

Great stuff. Thanks for implementing multiple icons

DCEmu Newbie

Dansika, thanks for the awsome app. I just have one really small request though. In the next update, can you make it so that you can scroll down in the "attarctions" menu? I have a lot of waypoints saved and I cant see more than 10 or so bc I cant scroll down. But I gotta say, this is awesome

DCEmu Newbie

Lightbulb gps off by 0.5 degrees in world map

Deniska, do you have any idea why the gps coordinates are wrongly displayed when the world map is used ? They are perfectly OK when I grab a local map of the city, but LAT is off by 0.496214 and LON by 0.001956.

On another issue, I was thinking of whether it would be possible of getting a wifi sniffer into the mapthis (i.e. create waypoints of hotspots on the fly). So I wonder why wlan must be disabled to actually receive a GPS signal, as it is not disturbing the gps receiver (the led is still flashing and from time to time it also works OK). Does it mean there is noise on the serial port cable ? If so, could one reduce the value of the resistor to xxx Ohm to fix this or even amplify the signal/ filter out the noise (by some bandpass filter) ?

And finally I think storing map files as single files on a vfat filesystem is extremely inefficient. Maybe one should extract the static filesystem from the linux kernel, such that there is only a single file on vfat containing a whole map.

Anyway, keep up the great work - I really like this program a lot!

DCEmu Regular

Deniska, thanks for the update!

Here are the arrows (same setup as compass.png):

http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/128x16arrows.png
    and
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/128x16arrows.psd

They are from http://www.nps.gov/hfc/carto/map-symbols.htm which is also an excellent, and public domain, source for POI icons.

I've also updated the map download app to create POI files with multiple icons (link over in http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...33068&page=11).

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7
    Deniska, do you have any idea why the gps coordinates are wrongly displayed when the world map is used ? They are perfectly OK when I grab a local map of the city, but LAT is off by 0.496214 and LON by 0.001956.

On another issue, I was thinking of whether it would be possible of getting a wifi sniffer into the mapthis (i.e. create waypoints of hotspots on the fly). So I wonder why wlan must be disabled to actually receive a GPS signal, as it is not disturbing the gps receiver (the led is still flashing and from time to time it also works OK). Does it mean there is noise on the serial port cable ? If so, could one reduce the value of the resistor to xxx Ohm to fix this or even amplify the signal/ filter out the noise (by some bandpass filter) ?

And finally I think storing map files as single files on a vfat filesystem is extremely inefficient. Maybe one should extract the static filesystem from the linux kernel, such that there is only a single file on vfat containing a whole map.

Anyway, keep up the great work - I really like this program a lot!
    Hi Jimmy7

You sound like an expert. I am just an admirer of this project and Deniska's work but I am not at all an expert programmer. I am not a programmer by profession but I do a little programming. If you could help with this project I'm sure that we won't be very far from having the ability to enter destinations and get directions on demand through wifi.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information