Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] PS3- 2 Player Pong 1.0

Default [RELEASE] PS3- 2 Player Pong 1.0

ps3 homebrew 2 Player Pong 1.0

download ps3 2 player pong source here.

ps3 2 Player Pong Ready to Go Pack here.

instructions:
    ready to go pack, for those of you that havent been keeping up with the BD-J exploit.

just extract the and put the AVCHD folder and everything in it on USB pen drive root directory.

then place USB pen drive on ps3, go to video and run the AVCHD folder.

and the game should run.

read me file:
    PS3 2 PLAYER PONG 1.0 by Dragula96
    07/25/2008

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

silenoz of PS3Hax //for bringing this discovery to the general public

FreePlay //for taking time to develup his Minimal BD-J (Java) Devkit for PS3

Drakon //for wrighting up the gameloop, input functions needed for this project.

the game is not perfect, it needs some tweeks with the variables, collision is very basic.

this is 2 players, can be played with 2 ps3 controllers.

player 1 controls:

up- moves paddle up
    down- moves paddle down

player 2 controls:
    square- moves paddle up
    cross - moves paddle down

ball speeds up every time it hits a paddle to make things interesting.

enjoy.

Digg this story

Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

Awesome. Is this the start of homebrew on the PS3, or just clever utilization of the PS3's existing components and features?

-Xiofire

Quote Originally Posted by Xiofire View Post
    Awesome. Is this the start of homebrew on the PS3, or just clever utilization of the PS3's existing components and features?

-Xiofire
    its just java code run though a compiler to make it work with the ps3's abillity to run BD-J off a USB drive. the ps3 thinks its a blu-ray disk and it runs the java code.

java code is used on blu-ray disks for menu navigation and such, some blu-ray disks have bonus mini-games on them programmed in java, i think thats where the idea of making something like this work came from.

At the moment i wouldent get any hopes up of a real exploit found that could lead to CFW, iso loaders and such out of this method.

Blog Entries

still its nice to see some homebrew on the PS3 at last

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dragula96 View Post
    its just java code run though a compiler to make it work with the ps3's abillity to run BD-J off a USB drive. the ps3 thinks its a blu-ray disk and it runs the java code.

java code is used on blu-ray disks for menu navigation and such, some blu-ray disks have bonus mini-games on them programmed in java, i think thats where the idea of making something like this work came from.

At the moment i wouldent get any hopes up of a real exploit found that could lead to CFW, iso loaders and such out of this method.
    Oh please Dracula96! you can create us a emulator Nes or Amstrad CPC with java ?

Blog Entries

yeah there are java emulators, theres even a java PSP emulator being worked on.

DCEmu Regular

I will wait, and see what else comes of this... the first java game example was good enough 4me

DCEmu Newbie

Not working on my 2.41 PS3 :-(

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up Works on my 2.41 ps3 thx, this is great news for ps3 homebrew.

Works on my 2.41 ps3 thx, this is great news for ps3 homebrew.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dragula96 View Post

Still in all, Java has gotten pretty powerful; there are quite a number of complex programs written entirely in Java for windows. Azureus Vuze is one; and while we may never see CFW or ISO loaders, we may get some pretty decent games out of it, which will make me happy.

Really depends on how limited the Java support for BD-J is; if its replete with all the features and abilities of Java as it is seen PC, perhaps the possibilities are endless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information