Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPU clock speed

DCEmu Newbie

Default CPU clock speed

another quick question. Why do people recommend 111mhz? what is the benefit of having lower clock speeds and what do you use to lower the clock because map this only allows for 333mhz-222mhz.
    tnx in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

It finds and locks faster in 222/111 mhz.. in fact it doesn't even work for me in 222/333 mhz.. only works in 111 mhz for me. You can put it on 111 mhz by pressing Start -> GPS Info -> Press Down until it shows 111 mhz for CPU.

yeah i only see the option for 333mhz and 222mhz, how do i get to 111mhz?

and i just use 222mhz cuz it uses much less battery so it'll last longer, unless u got a car adapter it wouldnt matter i guess, but 222 seems to work at the same speed as 333 for me, so i just stay lower to have the processor working less.

DCEmu Newbie

the option its not at the start menu. u have to go to "GPS info" and press down till u see 111mhz at the bottom left hand corner of the top main row of information.

by the way i always get lock no matter which clock i use.. and fast too.. i'm using GPSlim 240 thou

The psp seem to produce some EM frequencies which may interfer with gps receivers...
    This interference does not affect GPSlim receivers that much because they usually are not that close to PSP as PSP-290 unit (You can actually see some sensitivity loss if you bring the unit too close)

lowering the cpu/board clock seem to lower the EM interference too... but it's mostly visible to PSP-290 users

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    The psp seem to produce some EM frequencies which may interfer with gps receivers...
    This interference does not affect GPSlim receivers that much because they usually are not that close to PSP as PSP-290 unit (You can actually see some sensitivity loss if you bring the unit too close)

lowering the cpu/board clock seem to lower the EM interference too... but it's mostly visible to PSP-290 users
    Hmm..so if one were to create an extension cable for the mini usb and have the PSP-290 at a distance from the PSP itself.. would that give us 290 users better performance? (and at higher clock speeds)

DCEmu Newbie

Default Extension Cable

I may give the extension cable idea a try, I'll report back on how it went

:Edit
    Well after dome very difficult soldering I managed to adapt a mini usb plug from an old mp3 player, and attach that to the end of an existing cable which allowed me to extend the usb part then all I had to do is secure a couple of wires to the DC jacks either side, and I'm pleased to say that it worked in less than a minute getting a fix on 4-5 satellites, as you can see from the picture this sort of set-up isn't ideal but the the improvement in signal strength (from 2-3 bars to 4-5 indoors) and accuracy is amazing.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9829/dsc00367vx3.jpg

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nylon32 View Post
    I may give the extension cable idea a try, I'll report back on how it went

:Edit
    Well after dome very difficult soldering I managed to adapt a mini usb plug from an old mp3 player, and attach that to the end of an existing cable which allowed me to extend the usb part then all I had to do is secure a couple of wires to the DC jacks either side, and I'm pleased to say that it worked in less than a minute getting a fix on 4-5 satellites, as you can see from the picture this sort of set-up isn't ideal but the the improvement in signal strength (from 2-3 bars to 4-5 indoors) and accuracy is amazing.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9829/dsc00367vx3.jpg
    Dude, thats amazing, im gonna try this over the weekend.

can someone look for an affordable extension cable (usb mini-b to mini-b)
    I found one, but 30 bucks sounds a bit too hight for a piece of wire... :-(
    http://industrialcomponent.com/usbstuff/cellext.html

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    can someone look for an affordable extension cable (usb mini-b to mini-b)
    I found one, but 30 bucks sounds a bit too hight for a piece of wire... :-(
    http://industrialcomponent.com/usbstuff/cellext.html
    Had no luck finding anything cheaper

Would this cable work though? Im not sure what those 2 pins on the sides are for..are they just there ..or do they ground the unit?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information