Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Skype for PSP 2000 (Slim) Owners Only

Blog Entries

psp PSP Skype for PSP 2000 (Slim) Owners Only

Full article from Gamespot

Earlier this week, Sony's Consumer Electronics Show site slipped news that voice over IP support would soon be added to the hardware maker's frontline handheld, the PlayStation Portable. While the blurb contained no information beyond the fact, Japan's Nikkei Net news service (registration required) is reporting today that Skype functionality will be added to the PSP as early as this month.

Nikkei also provided a few details on what PSP owners can expect from the Sony-Skype partnership. Skype's Internet phone technology will be limited to owners of the PSP Slim, which launched worldwide in September. Owners of the redesigned handheld will able to download Skype software directly onto their PSPs and then use a specially designed microphone to communicate.

The Skype service will be free for PSP-to-PSP and PSP-to-PC calls. PSP Slim owners will also be able to sign up for a dedicated phone number, which Nikkei is reporting will run for 2,250 yen (about $20.70) for three months of usage. Nikkei did not report on whether the pricing structure would extend to other regions. Sony had not returned requests for comment as of press time.

Doesnt sound so great now, paying for the bast drops my willingness to try it.. We need a homebrew Skype

We will have rewritten the prx to run on psp-1000 with in days. lol why waste their time limiting its use,

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CoderX View Post
    We will have rewritten the prx to run on psp-1000 with in days. lol why waste their time limiting its use,
    I sure hope so, as much as I want the Slim, I don't feel like shelling out for yet another PSP.

Default yes

but they said that it would use a special mic and the connecter on the slim is slightly different than the phat.

Quote Originally Posted by troom View Post
    but they said that it would use a special mic and the connecter on the slim is slightly different than the phat.
    yep that's probably it, they won't make a mic for the phat's connector, even worse, maybe they can't

wasn't there some sort of mic used with Socom FTB, I never liked it so I never got it, but mabe we can use that, It worked with the fatty right?

This is totally insane!

DCEmu Newbie

Chotto Shot / Go! Cam has a builtin mic.

Default yes

but can we use the head set or will it be a diffirent type of mic will just have to wait in see
    if they do let you use the origanal head set then there could possible be a homebrew port but there could be a problem with the size of ram on the phat but im no coder so what do i know.

DCEmu Old Pro

I hope they don't limit it to Slim owners owner. Didn't happen with the DS.

If they limit it because it's not possible (maybe because of the 32 MB limit on the fat) then that's fair enough, but if they do it for no reason like the 1seg then they are idiots.

Cloudy

Owners of the redesigned handheld will able to download Skype software directly onto their PSPs and then use a specially designed microphone to communicate.
    that suggests to me all theyre gonna do is make the mic conector slim only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information