Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Null DC News - Dreamcast Emulator for WIndows and Soon PSP/PS3/Xbox/Pandora

Blog Entries

General games Null DC News - Dreamcast Emulator for WIndows and Soon PSP/PS3/Xbox/Pandora

drk||Raziel a frequent member of the Dcemu chatroom has released a news update of his work on his Dreamcast Emulator for Windows and Soon PSP and Maybe Even Xbox and PS3,

Heres the full newspost:

After many many many many many months of inactivity i finaly started some real work on the dynarec.It now features a basic IL with a working decoder frontend and backends for x86/arm/mips-allegrex.Work is currently done to port the code to Wii/ps3/ps2 ( hah !)/xbox.Anyway i don’t feel like writing atm maby i’l edit this post later

*edit #1*

Note that the arm videos are much older than the psp, the arm rec misses MANY opcodes at that point.When ZeZu brings arm on par/i get the beagleboard he mailed speeds should be ~ 3x of what psp gets

*edit #2*

To give some PSP numbers, bios (menu) is up from ~ 1.5 fps to ~9, Doa2 ingame from ~0.8 to ~4.5 , PoP3d from ~ 1.2 to ~9.Only 4x more to get PoP fullspeed

Results :

PSP
    (video by PSPdemon)

Powerstone:

Shenmue:

Crazy Taxi:

BeagleBoard:
    (videos by ZeZu — he’s the one working on the omap front atm)

This is encouraging news and even better that hes thinking of porting to Wii, PSP, PS3 and Xbox and also a Pandora Port is likely, Give your thoughts on this emulator via comments.
    Last edited by PSPdemon; May 5th, 2009 at 20:04.

looks awesome cant wait for full speed to be released for psp

Yes i'm really looking forward to playing Dreamcast at 3fps on my Psp. But get it running on the Xbox original and that's a different story, and get it going on the 360 and it's definately a good reason to buy one.

excellent news glad your still working on it drk, although i do not own a slim i look forward to updates =D

Quote Originally Posted by pspandrew2006 View Post
    looks awesome cant wait for full speed to be released for psp
    Your gonna be waiting for a long time

I know this is done as a hobby, but I would rather see coders put time into projects that are actually doable. Theres no way to emulate DC on PSP at playable speeds.

Drool...

Wow, what is the minimum spec to run this emu project atm ?
    Last edited by neutrOpik; May 5th, 2009 at 13:34.

keep up the good work. Fullspeed? It's going to be a while, but I like to believe that it can be done, just will take time (longer than a lot of other things), but I like to believe it is possible.

Many people have said that a lot of things couldn't be done (CPS-III emulation, N64 emulation on the PSP, ect) and they have come to pass. We'll have to wait and see what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fpcreator2000 View Post
    Many people have said that a lot of things couldn't be done (CPS-III emulation, N64 emulation on the PSP, ect) and they have come to pass.
    yea and technically you still cant

Come on guys, lets not take the next turn to negative town here.

Whether it will or won't be fullspeed isn't the point in hand here. This is a thread to show that progress is being made with nulldc psp. Nothing more
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information