Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

psp 1.5-1.0 Downgrader

Fresh after their brilliant work on the 2.5/2.6 downgrader, Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, and Yoshihiro have started working on a 1.50 to 1.00. The downgrader uses a newly discovered method similar to that of the 2.50/2.60 downgrader. This downgrader is exciting news as the coveted firmware 1.0 gives PSP users complete access to the PSP's hardware. The team has discovered a method to patch the file so that it would write the 1.00 IPL instead of the 1.50 IPL, thus making it possible to load 1.00 firmware on to the PSP.

Remember the downgrader must be run on a 1.50 PSP, it doesn't currently work on any other version. It also does not automatically restart your PSP after the process finishes. This small issue should be fixed by the time the downgrader is released to the public however. You may have to reset your PSP to system defaults after running the downgrader as it doesn't do this automatically.

- Sadly this downgrader will not work on TA-082 hardware PSPs, seeing how there's currently no way to get those down to 1.50 in the first place.

Apparently the testers of this downgrader have reported no PSP bricking yet. This is great news as I'm sure the public version will be even safer for those including my self eager to try 1.0.

Of course there is some downsides to firmware 1.0. You cannot run Devhook or any UMD loaders under 1.0 . This isn't because it's impossible; it's because they're specifically coded for 1.50. Programs such as Flashmod or X-Flash don't work either, since the files in flash0 under 1.00 are not the same as those under 1.50, and overwriting them could brick your PSP. However with the ability of custom firmware to be installed on 1.0, these greviances should only be temporary and I wouldn't be suprised if one day you would be able to boot all UMDs and all your firmware with no tools or tricks.

The scene will only continue to thrive as PSP coder continue to defeat Sony in the great battle of the firmwares

UPDATE: The Downgrader has been released! Remember there is a risk to brick your PSP whenever you write to the flash memory. Be sure to have your battery charged and your PSP plugged into the power source to make sure you do not lose power while doing this.

Password for the .rar is:
    I_Use_It_At_My_Own_Risk

Here are the downgrade instructions from the readme.txt
    Instructions for the existing 1.0 user:

- Copy the downhelper100 folder to /PSP/GAME/ and start the program.

- It will dump your flash and your ipl to the memory stick. After finished, the program will exit. Send the folder created at the root of your memstick called DOWNDATER to someone with 1.50 to let him downgrade.

Instructions for the 1.50 user:

- Copy __SCE__downdater100 and %__SCE__downdater100 to /PSP/GAME/

- Get the DOWNDATER folder from someone with 1.00 and put it in the memstick.

- Get the official Sony 1.50 update and put it under /PSP/GAME/UPDATE

- Start the program.
    Note: you need to set the language of your psp to either english or japanese before starting (anyways, it will advice you if you don’t have that requirement and it will exit safely) Also, connect the PSP to the AC adaptor.

- After a confirmation with the X button, you psp will be flashed to 1.00.

DO NOT REMOVE the memstick and DO NOT shut down the psp.

I can not empahasize this enough; As with any program that rewrites the PSP's flash memory - you may possibly brick your PSP. With that in mind, use with caution and at your own risk!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

that might be worth it........

but at the same time...as you said, some of the most important things as far as homebrew are concerned.....wont be able to run on a 1.0 because they are specifically made for 1.5.........

but if that issue is solved.....then i will downgrade

still though......exciting news

Thanks for Everything,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Awesome! Can't wait

thats cool news and all but once again its a risk to brick our psp's and i wont do it until something more exciting then Devhook comes out for the 1.00 All i see as an advantage now is better organization for our Game folder.
    I find it funny how half of the people on this site despise yoshiro and all that he was a dork or whatever in that whole 2.00 downgrader issue when well well well looky what he has done for the scene 2.50, 2.60 and 1.50 downgrader you can all back off of him and show some respect.

Kaiser-good man spreading the word, Sony is going to have to pull out something sick out of there sleaves to get us to upgrade now mwahaha!

thats one of the coolest things ive heard in a while besides the 2.6 > 1.5 downgrade which i just did. anyways, can't wait!

oh my god!! dudes!!! i cant take anymore news!!! these past 3 weeks have been so good!!! i've crapped my pants repeatedly!! I jsut sucessfully downgraded my psp to 1.5!!! Im now enjoying all the homebrew and turning the tv's off at walmart!! hehe! And now soon we could be able to downgrade to 1.0? what the hell!! u guys are going to give me a heart attack one of these days!! thanks to every coder and this site for making this possible!! LONG LIVE THE PSP!!

DCEmu Newbie

what are the actual advantages of 1.0?

DCEmu Legend

Well this is great news and horrible news. For those of us who purchased 1.0 PSPs from Japan it really sucks. As well, it makes owning a 1.0 PSP fruitless; since now anyone can own a '1.0 PSP'.

I love it because I can always have access to a 1.0 PSP if I ever need it, but I hate it because there is no reason to keep 1.0 since I can just downgrade back to it later on if I wanted to do so.

I suppose everyone else in the scene will be jumping for joy, but I for one, am not all that happy about this... :-/

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gamer121
    what are the actual advantages of 1.0?
    Homebrew just runs, no corrupt icons, no need to hide icons, etc.

1.0 has some drawbacks: code changes doesn't allow firmware emulation or UMD loading. As well, newer functions that Sony adds in, that may help homebrew, are not accessible.

But if you are looking for the easiest homebrew installing firmware, 1.0 is it.

However, now that everyone KXploits homebrew, its rather pointless...

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark
    I suppose everyone else in the scene will be jumping for joy, but I for one, am not all that happy about this... :-/
    dude!! dont be selfish! rejoice upon the good news that ur fellow psp users can useth the fw that was impossible before!!!!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information