Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Finish Every Game You Buy?

Blog Entries

General games Do You Finish Every Game You Buy?

Ah, yes, Friday. The day of the week where we settle in, relax and just talk. You guessed it, we've got another round of TUD, (aka Tell Us Dammit) coming your way. For those not in the known, Tell us Dammit is our opportunity to learn more about you reader person. That way we can feel closer! And perhaps, even for a fleeting second, feel kinda bad when we ban your ass. Here's how it works: We ask a question. You answer it. So! This week, the TUD Giraffe asks:

Do you finish every game you buy?

Man, I am bad about finishing games. Unless I'm reviewing them, I find it really hard to complete the game. And it's not a time thing, but in a way, I guess I don't want that experience to end. (Sentimental and stupid, I know!) Usually, I start a game, get close to the end and start another one. Vicious cycle, that.

http://kotaku.com/373697/do-you-fini...y-game-you-buy

Me too! Sometimes it's because I get stuck on one part of the game and I just give up or I'll I start on a new game and I won't want to play the other one. On the other hand, there are some games that are so fun that you could finish them in a few hours

hehe,I really bought cod4 for the multiplayer.but if my internet is ever taken off i play it or hl2

I just dont have the effort to finish games

I hardly ever finish a game. Even if I do get to the end, the game sometimes open up new bits (e.g. more race tracks, harder difficulty level, etc) which I then never complete.

Usually I give up when I have spent too long on one bit and can't get past it. I get bored of re-trying and failing over and over again.

The games I am most likely to complete are RPGs as they are usually fairly easy, you just need to put the hours in and keep going.

i just read an article concerning this issue on 1up yesterday, and i too am guilty of either hitting a dead end or becoming distracted by another game even on another system. back in school now i have little time to devote to grinding through games, and as a multisystem gamer too many choices just confuse me (at least the question of which system to buy it for has become more moot than in the previous generation).

the game i promise never to finish but to play forever right now is rockband especially since it's the first game since super puzzle fighter on the sega saturn that my wife comes home begging to play every night. at least it leaves better music stuck in our heads all day.

I don't complete them 100%, but I finsh various of my games.

I'm exactly like wraggster here.

Well, it depends how each game is structured. I think more than half the games I own, I actually complete. Hardly any games I complete 100% (That means, not just reaching the ending and credits, but finding all the extras, etc)

Recently, I've been going back and completing quite a few games for my Xbox 360, Sonic 2006 and Halo 3, spring to mind.

Some games I don't really have the intention of completing the game straight away, Phantasy Star Universe comes to mind, since I play on the online mode far too much to even get far in Story Mode. :P

I hardly play singleplayer games anymore, let alone finish them. The HL2 series has always attracted me though so I've finished all the episodes so far.

I tell ya, I own somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 games across many many consoles, and in my younger days I was more apt to finish games that I buy, but now that i'm older and work 8-5 M-F I don't have enough time to finish all games that I buy 100%, but instead i'm moving more towards games like smash brothers brawl, and online shooters, as they are pick-up and put-down games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information