Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Hello World Homebrew Method Found, works with fw 2.20

ps3 PS3 Hello World Homebrew Method Found, works with fw 2.20

so iv found a way to program homebrew to the ps3.
    took me all day to get it to work but here is a Hello world proof of concept.

its a short video, i can not share how it is done at the moment, i still need more testing, and i need to see if i can actually get a game of pong working. :thumbup:
    I will share the method and source code in time.
    this does not require any hardware modification.
    this method has been tested on a ps3 60 gig and a ps3 40 gig, both of which have current 2.20 firmware.
    both are retail models, not development models!

In the video, you can see some tape on my tv, that is to hide mac and ip addresses.

there are no cuts in video at all.

I have spent somewhere around 9 hours to get this working. and i hope you guys don't think this is a fake, i have a good reputation in the psp scene. I would not release something if it was fake (even if it is close to April Fools Day).

i do not know the extent of which the discovery will let me program, but i seriously doubt this will lead to any iso loader, it does however have the potential of enabling homebrew game programming i believe.:thumbup:

DIGG THIS

Im not sure what to believe.. but i don't think ill believe anything about PS3 homebrew untill there is a actual release and its confirmed to work.

Beta Tester: Windows 7

Interesting.. Is that UTIII font?

Is this in the UTIII game? Mod hack?

Im not sure to believe this, I think it needs better filming in a light room.

Ive heard of your name though, So i get the feeling this could be legit.
    Last edited by Triv1um; March 31st, 2008 at 12:58.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Old Pro

Sorry dragula96, but this video proves nothing at all. And it is wholely unconvincing. You should also wait until after April Fools. Your credibility would then increase 10 fold.

Cloudy

Why don't you port TetriAbetes to the PS3

DCEmu Legend

I am not doubting you, but why not at least give us some indication as to how you got this to work (any exploits used, like for instance the Resistance exploit that Team ICE discovered) or if you found one of your own.

At least then we'd have something to try for ourselves to see if we can get the exploit working in the first place, or at least have some clue as to what is required, should this become the foundation of the PS3 Homebrew Scene.

Why do I ask? Because if its a game that you're using to exploit the system, Sony will ask the company to update the game, as well as put out an update to the firmware. Having solid proof of how this exploit works, allows users to take the necessary steps to ensure they have all the necessities for this exploit and ensure they have no reason to update the PS3 or Games required by the exploit.

Blog Entries

i do hope that it works on a 20GB PS3 too , im too tight to buy a 80GB PS3

roxio viral markettting ad?
    :shrug:

DCEmu Newbie

I was referred here by another site, and went and registered just so that I could ask you this:

Please, please. Make a video that doesn't suck. Keep the camera still, have it focused on the tv, get rid of the horrible noise in the background, and then show it again.

Just....Jesus.

It'll up your credibility too.

If I had done something awesome that noone else had done before, I would at least make sure the video wasn't complete fail.

DCEmu Newbie

I've noticed that some other websites have got this marked as fake, and with some apparent "proof."

I'm not sure what to believe until we hear more from Dragula96. I'd personally like to see this be real, and get the real code for it, as I'd really like to get into software hacks such as this one purports to be, and it'd be a good starting point.
    Last edited by LexicallyDamned; April 1st, 2008 at 05:16. Reason: spelling errors

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information