Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii Homebrew Channel Released

Blog Entries

Rev Wii Homebrew Channel Released

Team Twiizers have today released the Wii Homebrew Channel, awesome news eh.

Details here:

A custom Wii channel created by Team Twiizers, the same people responsible for the Twilight Hack. It allows homebrew to be run from the SD card in a similar fashion to the Twilight Hack, but from the Wii menu, so is more convenient. Currently the Wii Homebrew Channel available for public release is a beta. Currently it allows ten minutes of usage before expiring. Once the channel has expired, it cannot be reinstalled, so it's suggested you use the allocated ten minutes wisely.

Installation
    Assuming the Twilight Hack is already installed on your Wii;

Download the installer from the section below.
    Place the installer file on the root of your SD card.
    Rename the file to boot.elf
    Run the Twilight Hack, and allow the installer to load.
    READ THE DISCLAIMER! In the very unlikely case your Wii should be bricked by the installer, this will let you know where you stand in regards to Team Twiizers.
    Press the RESET button on your Wii.
    The installation should be automatic from this point on, and your Wii will reboot.

The Homebrew Channel is the new channel with no skin/theme.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Heres the disclaimer:

Homebrew Channel Installer v0.0.1alpha1 (c) 2008 marcan DISCLAIMER: <-- THIS MEANS KEEP READING YOU BOZO THIS INSTALLER COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER EXPRESS NOR IMPLIED. THE AUTHORS OF THE PROGRAM CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF ITS USE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTION OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE TO YOUR WII CONSOLE If you agree to the above, hit the RESET button. What, you think I'm stupid? I know you didn't read that, you idiot. Just FYI, whether you read it or not, you're still bound by it.

I'd try it if it weren't for the no reinstall limitation. There's a chance, albeit a very small one, that the no reinstall could prevent you from using a future full release. Of course I'm sure this has already been addressed.

Personally I think the 10 minute limit would be enough. I wouldn't keep reinstalling just to get 10 minutes of play when I could just use the current Twilight Hack.
    Last edited by vicious1988; April 2nd, 2008 at 19:26.

DCEmu Newbie

sounds a tad suspicious ... what would cause a 10 minute limit?? and why couldn't it be deleted and reinstalled... gotta be a late april fools day joke or somethin.... but maybe not.. I shall give this a shot when I get home later! if it really works than congrats and thanks for making it lol

DCEmu Newbie

sounds a little sketchy for my tastes but maybe in a few months when we have a big list of wii homebrew and all the bugs are worked out of this channel, then maybe ill install it.

$#@!, limitation? what the f*ck? damn, well.. NO THANK YOU!
    not until the limitation is removed, cus all we need is an elf loader and we HAVE that!

damn i thought this would be cool but noo they made a timelimit, you cant even start playing seiken densetsu 3 before the timelimit is expired, damn i really hope that this is a joke, if it is then it's a good one..

no thank you i'm going with the elf loader with the game a-holes!

anyone tried this?

DCEmu Newbie

screw this, the point of homebrew is to GET RID OF LIMITS. I have no interest until thats fixed

i guess that almost no one will try this, unless some idiot just got all excited of the headline that they just did it without reading the text..

but i'm happy with the snes emu right now, with unlimited time playing super mario all-stars

EDIT: a liiitle off-topic but anyways i have a Q, anyone tried playing SSBB online in europe yet? if i use the freeloader to play SSBB on my PAL wii from the very first time, will my wii still be able to read Dual-Layer dvds? cus the freeloader block the updates on the discs so i'm not sure it will get the Dual-Layer update..
    Last edited by ____anders____; April 2nd, 2008 at 22:10.

DCEmu Newbie

wiibrew.org are showing this released on April 1st! The video shows very little new and ends before the new blank channel appears and the limitations sound wierd too.

Given the credentials of the authors I'm sure this is pukka, but think I'll wait and see how things develop. If it isn't broke (and it isn't, at the moment), why try to 1/2 fix it!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ____anders____ View Post
    i guess that almost no one will try this, unless some idiot just got all excited of the headline that they just did it without reading the text..

but i'm happy with the snes emu right now, with unlimited time playing super mario all-stars

EDIT: a liiitle off-topic but anyways i have a Q, anyone tried playing SSBB online in europe yet? if i use the freeloader to play SSBB on my PAL wii from the very first time, will my wii still be able to read Dual-Layer dvds? cus the freeloader block the updates on the discs so i'm not sure it will get the Dual-Layer update..
    I have been playing brawl on a UK wii since american launch the only thing is you have to install the disc update. to install the disc updates all you do is put in the freeloader let it run then take it out and put it back in again. so basicaly do the freeloader twice then it shows the update. on my wii installing the disc update had no effect on my wii other than making brawl run. would advise tho if you smoke the game may not run as if the lens is dirty the game wont load I heard tho the people with the problem were mainly smokers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information