Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theorys

Default Conspiracy Theorys

Ok...

I've been recently discussing with a friend about conspiracy theorys he pointed me to these videos :

We then moved onto the subject of the WTC attacks he is claiming that demolitions were used in the attacks since I believe there is no facts in this "claim" I still believe that the planes were hijacked and hit the WTC. Does anyone have any concrete evidence that I can shoot down some of these claims.

PSN ID: splodger15

I wouldnt beleive most of what you hear. The fact the administration stil has not released the footage they seized from cameras that could disprove many of the claims is the thing that gives any of them any credibility.

WTC7 just falling down like a controlled demolition from a small fire on one floor was certainly odd, the terrorists names not being on the flight manifests was also odd. Or what about this, I don't like all those prisonplanet etc sites, they seem to just be looking to profit from it all. When the BBC has an article like this it raises questions for me though. Did fox news etc in the USA ever pick up on this story?

Then again, you would think anyone who could create such a 'hoax' would be smart enough to have thought of that......

I think its best to stick to what the administration has done since 9/11 using it as justification for things they never could have gotten away with, had it not happened. Everything was/is justified by fighting the 'war' on terrorism.

Regardless of what happened that day, it's what's happening today that matters most.

I saw all 3 parts of Zeitgeist a while back, its very typical conspiracy theory in its presentation. Everything is presented as researched fact when it is mostly speculation with no or poor references.
    They do themselves a great disservice by tying 9/11, Christianity and the fed into one package and making highly debatable claims.

They say that Christianity is a bastardisation of egyptian sun worship (saying they personified the sun in jesus christ and built on that). One 'fact' is that Christmas falls on the same date as some solstice the Egyptians celebrated.

They completely miss the fact that a pope a long while back changed the date of Christmas to what is is now to have it replace those solstice celebrations with a Christian event.

Being agnotic with strong athiest tendancies I loved hearing all about how christianity is a complete rippoff of a previous (polytheistic) religion and seeing the religous people try to defend their doctine (to which i give little credence, but for other reasons).

The thing is they had good answers to many of the points raised in the video. The creators of it had clearly not done much if any 'devils advocate' research where they tried to disprove their own conclusions before claiming them as fact.

If there's one thing religious people can do, its analyse a text over and over and over and know every detail of its history. It's not scientific because its based on faith that the text holds meaning and not by testing to see if what it says is true, but they certainly know how to study/pass on information about their faith.

Science and religion are not in competition. The former is a means of coping and philosophising about the meaning of life. The latter is the bringing together of all the tested observations man has made and the inferences based on them that help us live (arguably) better/easier lives.

N.b. I'm not some crazy conspiracy nut. I'm just sceptical of the poor official answers a little as well as being very sceptical of the conspiracy theories
    Last edited by bah; April 4th, 2008 at 07:33.

yeah that Zeitgeist video got me thinking but 911 was planned by the terrorist not the government and completely caught the US off guard. As humans we seem to look for the most comprehensible reasoning to comfort us in rough situations. Innocent people died and all the public wants to do is point fingers to get some attention, and yet we all know who did it...... but our ignorance gets the best of us.

Dream Coder

If you want to read a lot on conspiracy theory stuff, freenet is the place to go. The whole "extreme anonymity" and transience makes it a haven for nutjobs, paranoids, anarchists, and weird political movements.

Most conspiracy theories are efforts of people looking for ways to prove preconceived notions or disprove official statements. When the resulting goal preceeds investigation and evidence, you can prove anything you want .

http://127.0.0.1:8888/[email protected]/3/
    Last edited by quzar; April 4th, 2008 at 10:30.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Bah, it would be awesome if you came to my school. It's a bunch of ****ing idiots, and I'd love to see 'em get owned.

How much do you want?

It's simple. Don't believe everything you hear. I remember when that Loose Change 911 video came out, it made convincing statements...but simply was not logical. But then again its good to keep an open mind....i mean, you never know.

I think much of the increased popularity of conspiracy theories in the public mind stems from the complete polarisation of issues in the mainstream media (that is supposed to supply news not opinion, that's for the viewer to discuss with friends and decide).
    So much talk of 'us' Vs 'them' and 'good' (apparently us at the moment) Vs 'Evil'.

The world has far more depth than 32bit colour, trying to make it black and white is for lawyers and politicians (that's why we hate them, drawing a line in the sand is always unpopular with someone).

I know this is off topic, but do schools in the USA/UK teach about the opium wars?
    Britain went to war with china and took control of Hong Kong (only to recently be returned) because china opposed the British selling opium (heroin) to the Chinese masses.
    Britain waged war because selling drugs was in it's interest and china opposed to it profiting.

Think about that for a minute next time you hear of the evil people overseas. The world is very very complex and even we elect politicians who act in 'our interest' (to keep us relatively wealthy), not to do what's morally right. Can we expect better of the much poorer 'evil doers'?

'There are no facts, only interpretations.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

ExcruciationX: I'm no use in real life, there's no edit button.
    I'm very often wrong, I just bother to put my opinion out there and look into things that interest me/when people correct me.

EDIT (must quote bill hicks, you may all take it literally but there is much wisdom in his words IMO):

'The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it’s real, because that’s how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly coloured, and it’s very loud. And it’s fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they’ve begun to question, ‘Is this real, or is this just a ride?’, and other people have remembered, and they’ve come back to us and they say ‘Hey, don’t worry. Don’t be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.’ and we............. KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

“Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.”

It’s just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn’t matter, because … It’s just a ride.

And we can change it any time we want. It’s only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here’s what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defence each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever … in peace.'
    Last edited by bah; April 4th, 2008 at 17:21. Reason: Mmmm edit, turns nonsence into reason (sometimes).

Double post but the last one was long enough.

Can anyone give a reasonable explanation for this:

Of all the 9/11 conspiracy reports I've read/watched, WTC7 is the thing that interests me the most.
    A seemingly small fire, contained to a few stories, then falls to the ground in a manner that resembles controlled demolition more than anything else.
    The 2 main WTC towers could be seen to crumble from the level of impact on video. Loose change makes an issue of explosives in the basement, but if that's correct how did they fall from the exact level of the planes impact?

WTC7 appears (on all footage I've seen) to just fall into itself as you see in other controlled demolitions that take out crucial support columns at a low level in a way that causes the building to fall in on itself.

Is it editing, where something major happened to that fire between it looking minor and the building just imploding? If so can anyone point to a video or explanation of this?

So much conjecture and so few answers.
    Last edited by bah; April 4th, 2008 at 17:53.

It's an online school.

You guy's should look at some of the theories concerning the Oklahoma City Bombing,crazy stuff...

You want the Big Daddy of all conspiracy theory books:

Behold A Pale Horse by William Cooper.

He was assassinated in his home shortly after 911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information