Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Neurotic Gamer?

Blog Entries

General games Are You a Neurotic Gamer?

When I get my 360 back, the first thing I'm going to do is wipe my Bully file from the hard drive and start over. And I guarantee you when I replay it, I'll watch all of the cutscenes straight through, and almost try to forget that I ever started it. It won't be the first time.

It's one of the weird gaming neuroses I have, and I'm wondering if I'm alone. So, just to start a conversation: What are your gaming hangups or compulsions?

http://kotaku.com/376467/are-you-a-neurotic-gamer

When I was about 8 or so, when I used to play Kirby Super Star for snes, I would do the same thing. I would pretend I was playing for the first time every time and I'd watch all of the tutorials and everything. Now that I think back about that it's kind of weird. I did that with some other games too.

I always watch the cutscenes when playing through a game, no matter how many times I've done it before. Tutorials, however, I can live without, unless they're very interesting/interactive.

Also, it's very rare I'll play a game through the whole way the first time playing it. I'll normally stop right close to or right before the end, then start from the beginning the next time I play it, normally exploring everything much more thoroughly than the first time, paying much more attention to what I'm doing, and then finishing it on this second playthrough. I don't know why, it's just normally what I do (this is especially true for RPG's)

DCEmu Newbie

No matter how good the games get today,no matter how good the graphics,how many items,how creative the items,I will always slide right back to my habits of playing
    Gloom (the quake 2 mod,enourmously fun,prequel to Tremulous)

TRIBES (Cmon,its tribes,it still works,still fun)

C&C:Yuri's Revenge (An awesome,if not one of the best RTS games out there.I love the sprite/voxel graphics rather than raster3D graphics for RTS)

I will always slide right back to these,I think they should update the graphics though,and re-release them.

I'm not a big fan of cutscenes. Generally I don't watch them.

I played metal gear solid 2 through the first time on hard and then proceded to beat it 5 more times getting all of the dog tags and looking at hot girls,lol.

I also play megaman 2 still to this day,as if I hadn't beat it before.

I can see myself behaving strangely like this for metal gear solid 4 :P

DCEmu Regular

I spend more time collecting games than I do playing them, but there are several oldies that I always go back to. For instance, if I see Rastan (very rare nowdays) I can't keep walking without pumping a few quarters in. I play it on MAME all the time as well. ButI have 12~14 gamecube/Wii games that I have NOT EVEN OPENED YET! But I've already paid for Mario Kart...

get the picture?

DCEmu Regular

The whole reason I play a game is usually for the sweet cut scenes. Well and for the fun gameplay, but I always look forward to the cut scenes.

i always watch the cutscenes, usually they're quite cool

especially in SSBB, they're awesome, got it yesterday and playing it with freeloader on my PAL wii, no dual channels cus i use freeloader

I do that with games I haven't played in a while.

Compulsion to play Doom. Guess I have a 'Doom' Syndrome, where I will play it each week without fail. It's always Doom 1, episode 1 on Ultra-violence...

Play it on my PSP, DS iPod, Phone, I play it anywhere, I download the Doom 3 mods that give you classic Doom, and the Quake 1 mods for Doom. I have a Doom addiction...

Also, play Half-life 2 through from the start like it's a new game
    Last edited by **1_Man_Matrix**; April 7th, 2008 at 00:09.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information