Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP 003 released!

I have that problem with games that the names are too long. I made the name smaller and it worked.

I have another wierd problem. sometime games load into GEM and I can see the folder with the GAME.PRG in it but I can't move the mouse?!?!?

EDIT - I think that it may be the name of the game INSIDE the ZIP is causing this with some of the games.

I had none of these problems with the Pompey Pirates games ?????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a quick update that allows faster scrolling through the games!!! Takes me forever to get the new games! It automatically put's the newest games at the bottom of the list!!!! ARRRGGHHH!!! I even tried setting the date back on my PC and changing them but it didn't work??

DCEmu Newbie

Shorter names, you say? Hmmm... thanx, Parabolee! Will look into it tonight and report back later. How short is short, I wonder? I'll test it out anyway.

Well the ones I was using were well over 40 characters because it had the year and the game company and name of group that cracked it. So I got rid of all that stuff so it was about 10-20 characters and they worked. Seems that I only had to rename the ZIP folder too, but some the games stil didn't work. although I have a feeling that if I rename the game INSIDE the folder to a shorter name it might work.

DCEmu Newbie

I have tried about 10 games so far, the only one that's actually worked is King's Quest. I am encountering a variety of errors; some games I can't move the mouse, some games I get stuck at the cracked game screen, some games boot the OS but I either can't move the mouse or the disk drive is empty, and in Dungeon Master the game started but I couldn't do anything after I started the game.

Still only a week old I'll be adding shoulders and let/right to go page up/down I think, as well as 'hold to scroll' so you needn't press-press-press-press.

The CaSTaway emu is itself only about 80% compatible.. the desktop PC emus are superior (and closed source); I'll also likely be bringing over Hatari emu under the same GUI, so that you can have your choice of which ST emu engine to run, which should keep compatbiliy high. (Hatari is a little slower, but mor compatible.)

jeff

Oh, didn't have a chance to look at artwork.. wife is keeping me busy with chores

DCEmu Newbie

I'm still checking, but renaming the files INSIDE the zip to around 10 characters seems to be helping a lot... so far so VERY good! Finally got a selection of games that run well. Phew! Good tip, Parabolee. Many thanx!!

Dungeon Master works very well, but it has to be an original disk rip and not one of the cracked ones, if memory serves; I've actually got a copy of DM on the website (sent a letter to the authors and everything :P).

Many many games work, but not all.. but most.

jeff

Well I have tried close to 100 games so far and I am getting about a 90% compatability. Which is very very cool. And luckily for me the ones that don't work are games I'm not that bothered about playing.

qaopjlll - I found that I had some problems with games like you describe but after I turned the PSP off and restarted caSTaway they worked again. Especially with the booting but mouse not working at GEM.

Also almost all crack screens are by passed by pressing the SPACE bar on the keyboard, try hitting it a few times if it isn't working.

I do have one BIG bug to report (well big to me) -

After trying about 7 different copies of Sensible Soccer NONE of them work!!!!! Is this game not compatible with the PC version of caSTaway? Every versions loads just fine but once you get to the actual game it will lock up as soon as you press the fire button or ANY direction on the joystick. This SUCKS big time because I love SENSI SOCCER.

Also one minor bug -

In some games I found that if I hold the fire button down the joystick no longer works. Main game of note 1942. This is strange as it's fine in most games.

Was Eye the Beholder out on the Atari ST? I always liked that more than Dungeon Master.

Skeezix I would be more than happy to do ANY graphics you need for the program, I am a big fan and would love to help in any way I can. Anything that gives you more time to polish this awesome EMU.

Can you fix the long file name bug and release a new version with this fix only? I really like the TOSEC renaming convention and don't want to rename all my disks.

DCEmu Newbie

there seems to be a mouse-bug in the game "bolo" (similar to oxyd, which plays great with the analog stick ).
    when a level starts, the bar is smashed to the right screen-boarder, like someone is moving the mouse fast to the right. this error occurs often in the game.

(and the mouse directions are somehow switched, i don't know, if the game in real hardware had these probs, but i remember to turn the mouse by 180°. for the GP32 i had a config-file which did that, but with a d-pad it's more or less unplayable....)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information