Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP 003 released!

I agree 100% with what you just said Skeezix!

SWOS = Sensible World of Soccer. it was far better than the regular Sensi Soccer as it had EVERY single team in the WORLD! and EVERY SINGLE player! it also had a career mode that allowed you to take managment control of ANY team in the world and play in all the cups and league's they play in. You could buy and sell and customise tactics. The career mode in SWOS has surpassed every single career mode in any football game (outside managment games) since it came out. It is the main reason I still play it to this day.

If you ever played Player Manager then SWOS is just like that except you control the whole team and it has real teams/players, Player Manager had no where near as many teams in it either. Player Manager had a slightly more in depth managment mode but SWOS was more fun less anal on statistics and a much more vast feel to the whole world of soccer, you could look up the best goal scorers in any league in the world and see the current league tables for any league in the world. i don't know how they managed to get the Amiga to remember all this stuff and keep track of it all for every match while having such an in depth managment mode.

Simply the BEST football game ever made.

Does the ST version of Sensible Soccer work on the PC version of caSTaway?

The PC version of CaSTaway isn't very good; the Pocket PC, GP32, Palm OS and PSP versions are the best of the CaSTaway line.

jeff

skeezix, the game you are talking about is probably
    "Enchanted Land" from Thalion Software.
    Which in fact were member of TEX (The Exception - Big demo, Union demo...)
    and probably some other guys from the scene.

All their games were just incredible, super zik, lot of raster, always to the VBL.

Just for info (completly offtopic), I am actually making my own graphic chipset in FPGA. It will be close to the ST chipset ability but less constraint... Then stick a cpu to it and enjoy making some demo on my homemade computer :-P

See you.

Does sensible soccer work on any version of caSTaway?

SensiSoc doesn't yet work on CaSTaway but maybe in a bit. They do somethign annoying in their startup routine, for all their games, that break CaSTaway :P

I'll see about getting a slightly updated new version out soon; I spent a bunch of time on and off over the last few days making a font importer and some cleaning up of the menu appearance a touch, so it is much more readable and attractive.. but I still need to make the menu control buttons smarter and faster scrolling and such. (Made a new little dynamic kerning routine and such.. works pretty well

jeff

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information