Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How close are we to hacking the PS3?

DCEmu Newbie

Default How close are we to hacking the PS3?

New user I am =) Just got a PS3, used to have a PSP and that was a thriving homebrew scene. Not much going on with the PS3 then?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85206

Nope, so far nothing as far as firmware and such goes. Theres alot of basic stuff but nothing major.

DCEmu Pro

the ps3 would have nice homebrew.

I cant see it ever happening.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Why not, there's gotta be a hack or some sorta game exploit that'll open some doors and once one is opened more are left to follow ... but for now lets just play some flash games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Triv1um View Post
    I cant see it ever happening.
    Thats what they said about the PSP

it hasnt happened yet . its been 2 years ..... everyday that goes by makes an exploit slim, especially with updates so frequently ...

id personally donat $20 to DAX or Fanjita to buy him a ps3 and to start working there magic

I doubt anything major will happen any time soon. There hasn't been much progress, at least what has been reported to the public. There may be hackers working quietly in the background though, you never know.

DCEmu Newbie

I think it's important to consider the economics of hacking the ps3 from the hackers POV. The mod chip manufacturers don't see this as cost effective yet because....

A. The price of bd-rw are still pretty high. this extremely limits the number of people who could even use a hack.

B. bd-rw disk are still > $12. Think about every time you screwed up a write, now if it cost you about $12 for every single f-up, you might as well buy the original and save the time and pain.

C. and as bad as I hate to say it, their efforts (as far as making money ) would probably be better spent working on the 360 considering more people own a 360, giving you a larger customer base to sale to.

Don't get me wrong, I want a hack as bad as the next guy. And I think my ps3 is the greatest console on the market. But were going to have to wait this out a while longer til someone decides they can make some real money selling this stuff.

In the mean time, maybe someone who does it just for the love of hacking will do something. You can never tell if we could be so lucky,

It's usually the less-popular consoles that have a popular homebrew scene.

Dreamcast, Xbox, PSP, Gamecube, with Wii being an exception.

And you don't need BD-RWs for homebrew.. I'm sure that everyone could boot everything they need off the PS3s hard drive (and you can upgrade that HDD to 500GB/1TB, so you're never going to run out of space :P).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information