Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the PSP2TV

Blog Entries

Default Introducing the PSP2TV

Some great news from Team Xtender concerning a product that they are working on which will let you watch your PSP on a big screen and more:

Imaging taking your PSP to the next level... A larger screen and a comfortable PS2 Controller... Today is the day.

This new accessory will allow any PSP unit, to connect to a Plasma or LCD screen! We didn't stop there; you can even plug in a PS2 Controller. As usually, Team Xtender’s high quality product won’t disappoint and we will keep you all updated with this product’s news.

Not only does it increase the psp enjoyment for the average developer and gamer alike, but also the media fans out there as well. The unit is fully dock-able for easy use both at home and for portable use.

Discuss this exciting news below and see the other 2 pics

Blog Entries

very nice

About time someone did it, All I want to know is, how does it work?

DCEmu Regular

So how is THIS going to work? Ideally, you would see the screen on your TV as soon as you turned on the PSP, but it seems as though the USB port doesn't function untill you go to the menu and turn it on (in which case, it's set up to look like a portable storeage device to a PC). Seems to me that some kind of software would have to be used to send/receive the proper signals to/from the device, er...

I'm just talking out of my a** I guess as I have no idea exactly how that USB port actually functions. Does anyone here know? It's a pretty good Idea tho!

DCEmu Newbie

I cannot see any I/O on the PSP to give access to the controls or video. Either this requires you to open your PSP, OR it's a lame digitiser, something that overlays onto the screen and digitises the picture.

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry I guess I'm the one person that thinks this is stupid. If your going to go as far as playing a portable on the big screen and hooking up a ps2 control just play the Ps2.
    All the damn games for PsP are ports anyways.

PSP games are made with 1 analog stick in mind a PS2 controller has 2 how would that work??

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

1000000% agreeing with Meshyf. :-/

i looooove portability waaay too much.

i would just be better off playing my ps2 instead.

This is a fake, it was posted on Engadget as a mockup. Sorry all.

Quote Originally Posted by Plude220
    PSP games are made with 1 analog stick in mind a PS2 controller has 2 how would that work??
    you must not be very smart it just doesnt use the extra stick or buttons it would be a problem if the ps2 had less buttons then the psp but more is never trouble.i use ps2 controller on my dreamcast same thing. and who cares about playing psp games on tv it will make them look like crap ill wait for the ps3 to play my umds on tv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information