Thread: UK PAL Maracas on US NTSC Console

DCEmu Newbie

Default UK PAL Maracas on US NTSC Console

I was thinking this should work fine but then again I'm not sure. Would for example some UK PAL Samba De Amigo Maracas... (the controllers) work perfectly fine on a US NTSC system? I've read about Jap. Controllers not working well with PAL systems but wasn't sure what would be this outcome...

I know that all standard controllers are universal, but im not sure about maracas.

It seems likely though, as why would the game be changed to work with differant controller hardware?

Perhaps some long winded Google search is the answer? unless someone here knows.

DCEmu Coder

I don't think maracases are bond to the video, they use ultrasound emitters/capters to detect the positions, unlike light guns that scan the screen so there shouldn't be any issues.
    My chachas work on an ntsc dreamcast.

Are you sure there are PAL or NTSC maracases ?

DCEmu Newbie

My NTSC-J maracas's work on my PAL DC without a problem!

Acorn Electron User

I have an imported set of Chacha Amigo Maracas from Play Asia or Lik Sang (can't remember) and they work fine on my PAL system.

To be honest they're a bit glitchy and not as good as the original ones that came in the set and they sometimes don't do what you do - as in you move up, they move down or don't recognise your movement at all. I don't think this is due to the region they're from though, I just think they're cheaply made. Generally they work OK though.

Thread Information