Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii TETRIS Channel Installer

Default Wii TETRIS Channel Installer

I've managed to create and install a channel on my Wii. Check it out:

This is NOT a fake. I can actually make any type of channel with just a "*.dol" file

PD: I'm not interested in VC channels, at least not yet. It's best to get "legal" emulators fully compatible with Wii than pirating VC games.
    Last edited by Jay_PaRaDoX; April 16th, 2008 at 13:24.

Then make something we need, for example a good ELF Loader Channel, Gecko Loader Channel or something like that.

We, (at least I) don't need a channel for every single homebrew I have.

I know we don't need a channel for each homebrew game/program that exists. It's just a proof that I can do it, and I'm working on other channels, like the Gecko Free Loader Channel

The only "problem" is that I need DOL files to make channels work, and they aren't allways available. The DOL2ELF doesn't work correctly.

Yeah of course I didn't mean it like that ^^

Good work of corse.

I'm not an expert in this stuff, but dol and elf are different Binary formats, am I right?

So if sourcecodes of the homebrews still exsist, there would be the possibility to compile them as dol.

And that would mean you would be able to turn them into a channel, right?

Why don't you contact Nuke?
    It would be great to have a Freeloader Channel.

One question, you did this over modifing a game disc of a game, right?
    So to install channels (this way) we would need a modchip, right?
    Last edited by Maggifixxx; April 16th, 2008 at 17:21.

Well, if anyone is interested in having a channel, they can contact me and I will make one for them

And yes, for now it must be installed with a DVD, and a modchip of course. I'm no good at programing, and don't know where to start to get an ELF installer xD

I'll give you gredit for making your own channel, but please don't release it until people know what these are going to do in the long run.

Here's a quote from Bushing that I think everyone should read (though they probably wont):

Quote Originally Posted by Bushing
    * Test. There are some patches that are difficult to test — say, patches to boot2 — but with most other patches, you can at least try to simulate conditions and see what happens. While working on the Homebrew Channel, we had some close calls (caused by invalid banners) that we only caught because we spent a lot of effort figuring out how to test our work. I don’t see any evidence that other people are doing this. I think that people are coding until they have something that works — at least once — and then releasing it. Great, except these tools are intended to protect users against a hypothetical future threat. How do you test to see if it’s effective? How do you test to see if it’s safe, even if a user goes through a future system update process?

* Explain. Not everyone who uses your software is going to want to read through a length rant about why your Wii might get ****ed up, but you can at least try to explain what risks there are, why they are there, and what things people can do to try to avoid those risks. Things like “don’t patch code that is necessary for your Wii to boot unless you have a specific, immediate need to do so.” Things like this show that you have at least taken the time to think things through, and that you are at least aware of all of the possible risks. If you don’t understand what you’re doing well enough to clearly define the risks, how can you claim you can protect your users from calamity?

* Plan for the worst. Assume that your software will fail at exactly the wrong moment. Can you do anything to make that less damaging? Can you tell your users how to “undo” your modifications? Can you provide some suggestions for recovery?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_PaRaDoX View Post
    Well, if anyone is interested in having a channel, they can contact me and I will make one for them

And yes, for now it must be installed with a DVD, and a modchip of course. I'm no good at programing, and don't know where to start to get an ELF installer xD
    could you not just look at the homebrew loader and see what they have done, someone else managed to edit it to take the time off, i think it would be awsome to put a freeloader channel on there, or how about the emulators RIN and snes? as there currently the best ones on wii

Quote Originally Posted by linkinworm View Post
    could you not just look at the homebrew loader and see what they have done, someone else managed to edit it to take the time off, i think it would be awsome to put a freeloader channel on there, or how about the emulators RIN and snes? as there currently the best ones on wii
    This is the same guy that removed the limit.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    This is the same guy that removed the limit.
    no im just sudgesting, as he said he can make any wii channel

I am the same one who did the time limit thing, with help of a friend.

I've made a new SNES Channel with the new release of the emulator that supports Front SD Saves. It's been released at the ElOtroLado forums.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information