Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CaSTaway/PSP release 004!

Well I think Super Cars is better than the sequel Super Cars 2. The weapons in the second game is nice but I think the driving experience is better in the first one. And I think the Lotus series is still very playable. I like the simplicity of these old racing games. It's a pity UAE isn't that good yet. I would really like to play Turrican series in full speed on my PSP. The Amiga version is just so much better than the ST version.

DCEmu Newbie

My biggest concern about the unnamed authors is the fact that no one else seems interested in picking it up out of respect and since some of the programmers do this "to every single console" it gets a little annoying. That is all.

I'm well aware of the other issues.

It's kinda like the MAME factor. Few people invest time in standalone (read faster) arcade emu's because MAME already does it.

I doubt its a respect issue, though it could in some cases.. leave the original author some space. But I imagine if someone sees a need, they'll fill it -- if a coleco emu has been out for awhile, but doesn't work well.. someone else will replace it with a better one. Theres a fair amount of devvers out there, but not a large number, so it might take awhile for one to notice

jeff

Hey Skeezix which version of Dungeon Master works? I tried two version and both locked up.

What mhz is caSTaway currently running at? Because I haven't heard you mention that it's running at 333mhz but surely it can't be this fast at 222mhz!

It runs at full 333; I intend to add a mhz setting panel sometime

Rips of DM's original disks work great; theres one right on my CaSTaway page, with accompany letter to the authors :P

jeff

Thanks, I was sick of playing the Genesis version of it, the controls sucked.

Did you ever play Eye of the Beholder 1&2? I loved Dungeon Master but Eye 1 & 2 blew me away. They were two of my favorite Amiga games.

Yeah Eye of the Beholder was very nice. Another fine rpg was Black Crypt.

I played through all 3 EoB's on the PC I think; only found out there was Amiga versions awhile ago, though UAE ports are always too slow to enjoy it anyway :/

jeff

Runs great in WinUAE for the Xbox

DCEmu Newbie

Errrr wheres the 1.00 rom release, it aint in the zip and it wont boot on mine.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information