Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_2 View Post
    @ Lordus
    Yeah, that did sound weird after I posted it. It was 11 PM, and I'm not in a right state of 'mind' at the moment. It was to clarify what I had originally posted

Oh, before I forget, would it help the emulator if I got a 3-in-1 expansion pack? Uh, here> http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansio...ize-p-212.html ?
    It won't yet.

DCEmu Newbie

it doesnt work nither does the other that komes with it

Nice work. An improvement from the last release. Nice to see new releases.

The version in this topic is not the latest. Currently the newest build of jenesisDs is 0.7.4.

DCEmu Newbie

Please, please, need horizontal scaling!!! can nothing at all be done? can't you just, like, removes every other line of graphics or something? if the worst comes to the worst you could make a deal with the devil or something, it'd be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jesus 666 View Post
    Please, please, need horizontal scaling!!! can nothing at all be done? can't you just, like, removes every other line of graphics or something? if the worst comes to the worst you could make a deal with the devil or something, it'd be worth it.
    The short answer is no, nothing can be done.

Here's Lordus' long answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    I'm trying to relax now, when i hear the scaling question for the 100th time, but it's not always easy
    No, the screen can't be scaled like NeoDS does it. If I could do that, then I can tell you that I would, instead of having stupid workarounds like panning and the follow d-pad option.
    The NeoGeo composes it's screen almost entirely out of sprites, that NeoDS renders in 3D. With 3D it's relatively easy to scale the whole thing.
    The Genesis has 2 background layers and 1 sprite layer, each of which can have high or low priorities (selectable on a per tile basis). So effectively the screen can be composed out of 6 layers. To do this with the DS hardware i need all the 4 backgrounds it offers. Just 2 of those backgrounds can be scaled in hardware, and software scaling is out of the question.
    The other alternative is software rendering, where you compose a bitmap out of all Genesis layers, which you can then draw on a single DS background and scale it in hardware.
    The downside of this is, that it is incredibly slow. I can tell you, that a typical PC Genesis emulator probably spends about 50% of all its time in software rendering. That's a more than the emulation of the 2 CPUs takes (except the CPU cores are very unoptimized).

DCEmu Pro

.4a had a Software renderer that had scaling but no sound.Heres a link.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...3&d=1184545735

Have you tried 7.4 follow D-pad option?,I haven't but worth a try.

I think the psp and gp2x can do scaling(don't quote me), wouldn't those options be cheaper then soul selling?

Please, please, please realize it's not possible! You can remove any row you wish (hence why vertical scaling is possible and is already implemented), but you cannot remove a column at a time.

As crookedmouth stated, if you MUST have horizontal scaling, use v0.4a. It'll be slower, soundless, and require frameskip, but you'll be able to scale the whole screen.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Please, please, please realize it's not possible! You can remove any row you wish (hence why vertical scaling is possible and is already implemented), but you cannot remove a column at a time.

As crookedmouth stated, if you MUST have horizontal scaling, use v0.4a. It'll be slower, soundless, and require frameskip, but you'll be able to scale the whole screen.
    Thats really saddening , so basicaly Megadrive emulation will never be worthwhile on the DS, maybe I'll have to think about getting a PSP of one of those GP2X things (though I'd rather not tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    I think the psp and gp2x can do scaling(don't quote me)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure they can, in fact my Zodiac 2 I bought in 2004 could emulate the Megadrive pretty flawlessly (unfortunately those things where built like chocolate houses in.... er.... a really sunny place)
    Last edited by jesus 666; August 4th, 2008 at 03:17.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information