Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Pro

Wow, is it a SDHC?

There are "R4 v3" devices out there with SDHC, but they are clones, not original R4 products. Regardless, have you tried using a different microSD card? In theory it should work with any size card, but perhaps 8 GB is more than it can handle.

Also make sure you're not trying to launch any game larger than 3 MB. Try a regular Sonic game to test, as those are known to work.

Anyone managed to run Sonic 3D yet?

DCEmu Newbie

yeah its sdhc. dunno if the r4 is genuine or not cos i got i didnt get it new in the box. it just says 'r4 revolution for ds' on it. anywho i tried jenesis on a 2gig card i managed to dig it out and i was in business.
    forgive my shocking n00bishness, but having read the whole preceding vertical/horizontal scaling debate would i be right in saying there's no way to shrink games down so they fit entirely on the screen? thanx for the help!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    Some games (on SMS and/or Genesis) detect the hardware region and show different graphics or even language depending on it. So what you see is what would happen if you played the game on a Japanese console.
    The released version of ApprenticeMinusDS is fixed to Japanese region, so that's all there is to it. I already implemented a region setting shortly after i released it, but haven't done much else on it, so that it's not really worth it to release another version just for that. If i release another version sometime, it will have it though..
    Hello Lordus. I was having the same question as the person you replied to (Wonderboy 2 language in Japanese, although we use a EU ROM).

Any chance on fixing this? Is it necessary to release a new version of the program, or can I do something myself?

Thank you for your hard work!

oops older version forum :rofl:
    Last edited by ds benjmin; September 15th, 2008 at 22:19. Reason: oops wrong one

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Epohax View Post
    Hello Lordus. I was having the same question as the person you replied to (Wonderboy 2 language in Japanese, although we use a EU ROM).

Any chance on fixing this? Is it necessary to release a new version of the program, or can I do something myself?

Thank you for your hard work!
    The newest version of ApprenticeMinusDS (0.4.0) has a region select option.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you. I reached this forum post while searching on Google, and since the replies in this thread were fairly recent, it didn't occur to me that a new version would be out there somewhere.

I did a Google search on the newer version, and tested it. It works perfectly. Wonder Boy in Monster Land, here I come!

Thank you so much!

DCEmu Newbie

hi, i have the emulater for ds, do you know where i can get hold of the game roms?, been searching everywhere!. i desperately want decap attack, any help much appreciated

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fatpants View Post
    hi, i have the emulater for ds, do you know where i can get hold of the game roms?, been searching everywhere!. i desperately want decap attack, any help much appreciated
    By "searching everywhere" do you mean around your house or something?
    They make these new fangled search thingies, I typed "decap attack genesis rom" into one they call Google.(without the quotes)
    I know brilliant, the way I typed what I was looking for and bam!
    Sorry for the sarcasm but sheesh ;P

Thread Information