Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Lordus!

Your work is awesome!:thumbup:

Not only the emulator, but, the design (menu, splashscreen...) it's impressive, perfect is a small word (that's a french expression )

The MasterSystem-GameGear emulateur is perfect too, it's a real pleasur to use it!

Maybe you have planed a pc engine emulator?

DCEmu Newbie

The PC Engine is a completly different architecture, leave this one for the guy who made PCEAdvance, he can port his emu to the DS if we ask him nicely

That would be total awsomness if he accept to work on it, someone from pocket heaven, i think it's FluBBa... The GBA was not powerfull enough, maybe he is already working on the DS port, who knows

Edit: i just checked the forum, and i can see he is busy with a Neo Geo pocket emu for... The GBA :cry:
    I'm glad to see the GBA is still alive but i hope he will port both pc engine and neo geo pocket emus for the DS!
    Last edited by Shidori; April 23rd, 2008 at 22:13.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dave auto View Post
    Also, Lordus, I'm still experiencing problems unless I set the DS's clock to 00.00. jEnesis locks up as soon as I choose a ROM to load, and Apprentice hangs on the Config screen. I know you said earlier you thought you fixed the problem with this version, so I just wanted to report the issue.

As always, I'm using a MMD w/512 mb CF. Probably time to just bite the bullet and get an R4
    I found with the GnM and MMD as well, that if you run JenesisDS.nds through DSO's browser, that the touch-screen and therefore saves and such work fine, without the need to reset to 00:00.
    I've taken the liberty of Including everything in an attachment. Just download DSOrganizeMMD.zip and extract it directly to the root of your card. Don't patch anything! Just run the DSOrganize.nds and choose the icon with the magnifying glass/folder(browser- I have custom icons) to run JenesisDS. The reason I included DSO, is I'm not certain if the settings/version I have and what not affect it.

Good Luck.

Edit off topic: I admit that PCEDS would be awesome, PCEAdvance is a fantastic emulator and I use it almost every day. I think the DS could handle the PCEngine with sound as a lot of games have to be run on the GBA with timings disabled, that as a side effect removes sound.Loopy was also looking into PCEDS. Let us pray .
    I also think the Intellivision would be awesome on the DS, but I'm dating myself.The touchscreen would be perfect to recreate the horrible controller.
    Last edited by crookedmouth; April 24th, 2008 at 05:18.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the tip, crookedmouth. I had always had trouble launching programs from DSO, but after fiddling with my own settings (just had to change the boot method to "Chism," presumably because my emulators are DLDI-patched) I got it working.

Thanks for your reply, Lordus. But, dude, seriously, don't lose any sleep over my little problems jEnesis and Apprentice both launch perfectly from DSOrganize, as crookedmouth has pointed out above, and as for the 6-button thing...I can always play SFII under SNEmulDS. So no worries. You're doing great work, and we all appreciate it.

And since we're all throwing out new emu ideas (no pressure, Lordus!) might I suggest Colecovision, as I believe the machine's architecture is very similar to a GG/Master System? Just a thought

DCEmu Newbie

For the Colecovision Alekmaul has recently updated ColecoDS, maybe you should check at portabledev.com his new 2.1 version and return feedback

DCEmu Rookie

About to give a go on my GnM (with and without DSO to see what happens). Will post results later.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeric View Post
    About to give a go on my GnM (with and without DSO to see what happens). Will post results later.
    I can also confirm that the DSO trick works for GnM cards. They won't work otherwise. It's a little inconvenient, but not really a big deal.

Dcemu Coder

This DSO thing really annoys me, I'd like to fix it properly, but i doubt that this will be very easy without having one of those cards. Anyway, thanks to crookedmouth for finding this out. At least there is a temporal solution to the problem now.

As for emulating another hardware, i am not really interested in emulating anything non-Sega. And there is still a lot to do... I want to get jEnesisDS to a state that i feel OK with, and also finish the 32X and SegaCD emulation of jEnesis (Java version, which most likely nobody knows)

I started writing jEnesis initially with the goal to learn about writing an emulator, so i could write a Saturn emulator from scratch later. What i'd really like to do, is working on a highly optimized Saturn emulator for a handheld. Of course that wold have to be a very powerful handheld

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lordus View Post
    This DSO thing really annoys me, I'd like to fix it properly, but i doubt that this will be very easy without having one of those cards. Anyway, thanks to crookedmouth for finding this out. At least there is a temporal solution to the problem now.

As for emulating another hardware, i am not really interested in emulating anything non-Sega. And there is still a lot to do... I want to get jEnesisDS to a state that i feel OK with, and also finish the 32X and SegaCD emulation of jEnesis (Java version, which most likely nobody knows)

I started writing jEnesis initially with the goal to learn about writing an emulator, so i could write a Saturn emulator from scratch later. What i'd really like to do, is working on a highly optimized Saturn emulator for a handheld. Of course that wold have to be a very powerful handheld
    lordus first of all compliments for your great job,i can't believe that i can play so fine games like Street of Rage 1-2-3,Splatterhouse ecc....but i 've 2 questions for u...
    1)you 'll include large rom support(SuperStreetFighter2) in future release of this emulator?
    2)Why International SuperstarSoccer Deluxe doesn't start? i press select button but it freeze.

thx

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Lordus for constantly updating your emulator. I think I play games on your emulator more than DS games. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danief View Post
    ive run into a problem....
    I downloaded the file, got jenesis, patched it and put it onto my micro sd. booted up gnm and started the emulator. when i open a rom it just shows a black screen at the top. and the system freezes. it worked well before i upgraded....
    same problem here too . I got an R4.

The SMS emu works fine.
    Last edited by xneoken; April 27th, 2008 at 12:27.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information