Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

Dcemu Coder

NDS jEnesisDS 0.7 + ApprenticeMinusDS 0.2.6 - Genesis (SMS/GG) Emulator for Nintendo DS

Here a little update to jEnesisDS, my Genesis/MegaDrive emulator for the Nintendo DS.

Changes:

- Fixed bug in Z80 core, preventing some games from having sound (Wonderboy, etc.).
    - Fixed bug in 68000 optimization, that could make some games hang (Bonanza Brothers, etc.).
    - Changed sound handling and doubled sample rate for PCM sound, resulting in slightly better sound quality.
    - HW renderer partially rewritten, many glitches should be gone, some are still there (and will probably not be easy to fix ever)
    - Sprite rendering completely rewritten in ASM. Should be faster and fix most of the sprite issues.
    - Implemented mid frame palette updates (water effects in Sonic games, Castlevania, etc.). Note, that this just works, if a game is constantly fast enough, so slowdowns can still cause colors to flicker.
    - Many little optimizations in memory handling and the CPU cores. Should reduce slowdowns.
    - Added option for sprite masking (Landstalker etc.). It is not 100% emulated, just faked to be enough for most games using it (disable it, if sprites are missing, that should be there).
    - Added option to change between 3- and 6-Button pad (just works, if the option is applied BEFORE loading a game). When 6-Button pad is disabled, L+R can be used to move the visible screen area, X to center it.
    - Added sound state to the savestates, so that the correct tracks should play now when a state is loaded. Savestates are still not 100% reliable and loading old states can potentially cause problems.

Oh, before i forget, the archive contains a preview version of a SMS/Gamegear emulator for the DS, that i have been working on a bit.

What it can do so far:
    - Enhanced Z80 ASM core used in jEnesisDS.
    - SMS/GG emulation.
    - 10 Savestates per game.
    - Rewind and fast forward feature.
    - Settings can be saved per game.
    - Fully rendered by the DS 2D hardware.
    - Perfect sync option, that actually syncs every scanline (emulated scanline to DS scanline).
    This option is more accurate, and needed for some games to look correctly, but it can be problematic to use it, when "Rewind" is enabled.
    - sample accurate (almost ;P) PSG emulation.
    - Stereo sound for GG games.

Known issues:
    - timing is not exactly correct yet, so some games might not work, or have glitches.
    - No FM emulation (yet?)
    - Sprite updates need to be improved, sometimes there can be glitched sprites atm.
    - Interface practically ripped from jEnesisDS
    - Many more, that i don't remember now..

As always, please leave feedback in this thread.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Addition by Wraggster

If you use jEnesisDS please donate to Lordus so he can make this emulator even better
    Last edited by Lordus; April 20th, 2008 at 23:45.

Blog Entries

wow thanks for an awesome release and a l,ovely preview release too

awesome stuff

Awesome! I love emulator releases!

Wooow I love emulator updates. Thanks, this is by far one of my favorite pieces of homebrew

Awesome work once again, Lordus. No more disappearing objects in games like Sonic that I can see, the sound is much improved and your Master System emu leaves DSMaster+ in the dust from what I've played. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Last edited by Sir_Voe; April 21st, 2008 at 02:24.

DCEmu Newbie

Amazing, both emulator are great.

Yay an update Ivans Super Offroad works now too! So does the sound in Mega Bomberman :thumbup: very nice release

Yes!!!! Thank you very much! I'm so glad that you're not a coder that abandons their projects!

DCEmu Newbie

Oh! Great!
    Thanks a lot Lordus!

DCEmu Regular

As everyone else above has said ( YOUR DA MAN :-) )

But seriously another update to the best emulator on the DS is great... Cheers man

paul

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information