Thread: Alas, I can emulate no more

Default Alas, I can emulate no more

With Midevil :Resurrection, they force you to take version 1.52. Bummer, yeah, but I must play that game

So I leave the homebrew scene, somewhat reluctantly.

However I must report that the web browser in 2.0 is pretty cool.

See you all again when you can play homebrew games on later versions!!!

Well there are several ways to play a game that forces an update without actualy updating, you should have looked into that first.

The WAB version changer fools the PSP into thinking it's a higher version, and there is the no update loader that skips the update check.

So sucks for you really. Sorry.

DCEmu Newbie

uhm, I would never upgrade to play that game, but yes.. there have been ways of playing UMD games without upgrading to the required firmware for quite some time. you basically upgraded for no reason at all.

ah well :/

Yup, that was pretty stupid of me, I suppose. I guess I should have looked into alternatives to upgrading, but I didn't even think about it.

What's done is done. Maybe someone else will see this and can benefit from my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron_Fan
    Yup, that was pretty stupid of me, I suppose. I guess I should have looked into alternatives to upgrading, but I didn't even think about it.

What's done is done. Maybe someone else will see this and can benefit from my mistake.
    well your not totally out of luck. perhapes you can use the upcoming downgrader and then load the version loader. almost as if you never lost anything.

DCEmu Newbie

rofl! Way to do your research pal.

DCEmu Rookie

Mental note: Warn people against the upgrade on the PSP section of my web site.

Yeah, the WAB version changer works great... it fools the PSP into thinking it's running a later revision of the firmware, AND still lets you play homebrew software, all at the same time! I thought I'd have to continually switch back and forth between the revisions with WAB to play homebrew games, but it's totally not necessary. Talk about the best of both worlds!

I can't blame you TOO much for upgrading your firmware for real, Tron_Fan, but for a game like Medievil: Resurrection? I'd have a lot more respect for your personal taste in video games if you did it for Burnout Legends (henceforth known as "pure portable awesome").

JR

Fingers crossed that someone will resurrect the now discontinued downgrader.
    :'(
    if not those with 1.0/1.5's will be sitting on goldmines

Thread Information