Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about emulators and sd card

DCEmu Newbie

Default Question about emulators and sd card

Hi im new to the forum, hope this is the right place to ask this question. I want to put the nes emulator with the roms and the snes emulator with the roms also into a 2gb sd card. My question is how do i put both inside the card so that the wii can pickup both when i run the twlight hack. I know to put one emulator on the sd and make it run but i want to put two emulators and make them run. Can i install the homebrew channel and run the emulators from the sd card? Sorry for the noob questions but i am new at this. Thank You

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by fjlover View Post
    Hi im new to the forum, hope this is the right place to ask this question. I want to put the nes emulator with the roms and the snes emulator with the roms also into a 2gb sd card. My question is how do i put both inside the card so that the wii can pickup both when i run the twlight hack. I know to put one emulator on the sd and make it run but i want to put two emulators and make them run. Can i install the homebrew channel and run the emulators from the sd card? Sorry for the noob questions but i am new at this. Thank You
    You could use one of the following loaders. You will need to name the one you use as 'boot.elf', and then follow the instructions for that specific loader...

Front SD ELF Loader

MAG Loader
    All-in-1 Emuloader
    TCP Loader
    Wii Homebrew Launcher

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks. One more question i downloaded the wii homebrew launcher i installed the boot.elf on the root of my sd card but i don't know where to put the snes emulator and roms and the nes emulator and roms. A tutorial would help me out a lot. Hope i can get this running cause im new to all this.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by fjlover View Post
    Thanks. One more question i downloaded the wii homebrew launcher i installed the boot.elf on the root of my sd card but i don't know where to put the snes emulator and roms and the nes emulator and roms. A tutorial would help me out a lot. Hope i can get this running cause im new to all this.
    Sorry, I've never used that loader. You can read this thread here. It has some instructions that should help you to get it working.

DCEmu Newbie

Which loader do you use?

DCEmu Rookie

I use the Front SD ELF Loader. It was the first loader made, and I just haven't bothered to try any different loaders, yet. On this loader, you just change the ELF file to 'boot.elf', and place it on the root of the SD Card. Then, you create a folder, named 'elf' (in lower-case), on the root of the SD Card, and place any ELF files inside that folder.

it's exactly like the MAG loader, except the MAG loader boots .dol files too, but i haven't got any to work though, and the menu doesn't jump everytime you scroll like in the one you use (above)..

i recommend the MAG loader.

DCEmu Newbie

i have not used any other loader except the wii homebrew channel loader with no timelimit.. which is good because you just install it once using the twilight hack then just put the boot.elf file in and it will work.

ok, i use the no limit channel too, and i have the MAG loader renamed to boot.elf, and all the emus and homebrew in the "elf" directory, it gotta be in lowercase: "elf"

i think you should try the MAG loader, cus it's alot easier to have all the stuff in the elf folder, so you won't have to rename everything to boot.elf..

DCEmu Newbie

I have tried Homebrew Launcher and Mag loader and all of them can not find the roms. Can somebody please tell how to get this thing running. I need help. I created a folder name snes9x then inside that folder is the elf file and then the roms but it never reads the roms. Its says f_opendir and then f_stat error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information