Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ScummVM Wii - Wiimote Edition

Blog Entries

Rev ScummVM Wii - Wiimote Edition

The port of ScummVM for the Nintendo Wii has been updated with support for the Nintendo Wiimote.

For those of you who dont know what ScummVM is heres a description

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I can't get it to work at all... The archive only contains a .DOL file. Loaded it up, and I get the SCUMM menu... But I can't select anything with the Wiimote or the GC controller.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    I can't get it to work at all... The archive only contains a .DOL file. Loaded it up, and I get the SCUMM menu... But I can't select anything with the Wiimote or the GC controller.

i guess when u load a dol it goes into gamecube mode and u cant use the wii mote.. idk

Well, it does something... The buttons work on the Wiimote, but I didn't have any game in the menu so I couldn't play (can't browse without the pointer).

I added Day Of The Tentacle to the menu using an earlier version, then tried this one again. Loaded the game up with the Wiimote. Everything works but the pointer. It's just stuck there.

The .dol file works fine for me using the Twilight Hack and SDelfload 0.4. Then when you get to the emu menu, push 1+2 to synch your Wiimote.

That's what I've been doing. When it syncs up, the pointer switches spots... But after that it's stuck.

Rename the .dol file to .elf and just load it up how ever you would normally. I didn't have to press buttons 1+2 to sync either. I just pressed A. It worked great.

Using Twilight Hack alpha 3a and Wii Homebrew Launcher

its random if the pointer works or not...well at least with wii paint it does...

DCEmu Newbie

I can get ScummVM to run but can't add a game to it since I don't know how to press the 'add game' button. Tried gamecube controller and wiimote (after pressing 1+2) and getting no where.

Anyone got any ideas?

DCEmu Newbie

it seems to me like it only works with the nunchuck unplugged.
    i renamed it boot.elf and loaded as normal.
    monkey island1 loaded but the whole bottom menu is missing, making it unplayable.
    Last edited by middle man; April 29th, 2008 at 01:58.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information