Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Rookie

Oh dear oh dear.

Everybody should be forced to live in the days of DOS for a few years.
    This is a cakewalk.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ComTruise View Post
    I created a special folder used to covert the Neo Geo ROMs. In that folder, I put the converter and the entire Neo Geo BIOS zip file in there. I put some of the game ROMs and managed to succesfully convert them to .neo files.
    If you've managed to create .neo files you're almost there already.

Start off viewing your special folder - with the converter, bios (neogeo.zip) and game roms (blazstar.zip, etc.) in it; in windows explorer.

1. Right click on "NeoDsConvert.exe" and select "Create Shortcut"

2. Now Right click the created shortcut (in your special folder) and select "properties"

3. On the Shortcut tab. Find the Target line that will read C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe

4. Add " -bios1" to that line so it reads C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

5. Click Ok.

6. Run the edited Shortcut and new .neo files should be created over writting the old ones (check the file dates/times).

7. Copy the new .neo files to the root directory of your microSD as before.

OK, but how do I go about creating a new directory? Again, I'm not exactly a computer programmer, and I might need a little more hand-holding.
    Right click and then select New -> Folder in windows explorer (Directories or Folders are just alternative names for the same structure).
    Last edited by RamZee; May 1st, 2008 at 19:46.

DCEmu Newbie

I have a cyclo ds, 1.31 firmware.

All games have been converted with -bios 1.

Metal Slug 1 works until I use a grenade. If I am in the Metal Slug Vehicle, the missles work, but using a regular grenade either causes a crash (with warped colors), or if used near the boss, will just cause the game to pause/freeze (music still plays, the background still animates, but the game doesn't move).

Metal Slug 2, like everyone else has said, works only up until character select.

Metal Slug X worked fine for me. So did Metal Slug 3. Typical slower frames when the action gets heavy, but it makes the game more playable since its easier to dodge stuff

I need to test 4 and 5.

Waku Waku 7 works fine, at about 50ish frames per second.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves works fine, at about 45-50 frames.

SVC Chaos works fine, at about 50-55 frames. If you play with a scaled screen, the life bars tend to be a little glitchy, but I think thats because of the screen squishing the life bars. Otherwise, its fine.

Gowcaizer works fine, but is a terribly cheesy game, don't play it, haha. It's not at all like the Anime.

And I think thats all I've tested so far.

Thanks for making this, it's been awesome.

DCEmu Newbie

Default All KOF working!

Finally, I have all KOF working, including troublesome KOF98 :thumbup:

Tip:
    Best way tell if you have got the correct copy of the back-up is to go into 'NeoDsConvert' folder, from there look for 'neodrvr.cpp'.

In that file, should be a list of all neogeo games with all the neccessary files needed for each game.

This could help some people see if the copy you have is missing any files.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RamZee View Post
    If you've managed to create .neo files you're almost there already.

Start off viewing your special folder - with the converter, bios (neogeo.zip) and game roms (blazstar.zip, etc.) in it; in windows explorer.

1. Right click on "NeoDsConvert.exe" and select "Create Shortcut"

2. Now Right click the created shortcut (in your special folder) and select "properties"

3. On the Shortcut tab. Find the Target line that will read C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe

4. Add " -bios1" to that line so it reads C:\... path to your folder ...\NeoDsConvert.exe -bios1

5. Click Ok.

6. Run the edited Shortcut and new .neo files should be created over writting the old ones (check the file dates/times).

7. Copy the new .neo files to the root directory of your microSD as before.

Right click and then select New -> Folder in windows explorer (Directories or Folders are just alternative names for the same structure).

Now I'm stuck at the changing the target line. I've added "-bios1" at the end of the line and clicked OK, but the computer won't let me do so. I have a hunch that my neogeo.zip does not contain the bios1 (I didn't see any euro-s1 bios files in it). But I checked all online for any other neogeo.zip files, and none of them contain the euro-s1 bios! Why am I having such difficulty with this???

i made a nice little video tutorial, just dl and use it. I used mslug4 as an example using the -bios1 through the command prompt.

pretty straightforward. When using the command prompt, hit enter to do a command.

download size is around 7mb =P

http://www.mediafire.com/?tybjicoon10

DCEmu Newbie

I didn't realise you HAD to use the command switches.

The load rom button could also be thumb sized

Super sweet emulator though, easily the coolest on the DS to date! I just LOVE playing KOF 95 on the train to work!

Hows about CPS emulation now huh?

DCEmu Newbie

This is the list of games I converted so far:

Not working
    World Heroes 1 & 2: get stuck right before the fight begins.
    Neo Drift Out: get stuck right before the race begins.
    Thrash Rally: gets stuck at the how to play screen.

Working with sound
    Fatal Fury Special with -bios6
    The Last Blade with -bios6
    Samurai Shodown with -bios1
    Windjammers with -bios6
    Rage of The Dragons with -bios6, I'm astonished that NeoDS can handle such a big game. Issues: no text, no energy bars, no music in some stages, some graphical glitches after finishing a first impact combo.

DCEmu Newbie

can anyone tell me where I can get the latest Bios?

Top Hunter freezes every time you try to enter the boarded up hole in the tree towards the beginning of level one.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information