Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoDS - Neo Geo AES/MVS Emulator for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

thanks for such a stunning release, i didnt think the DS was capable of running a Neogeo emulator and at full speed, simply stunning

a true awesome moment in emulation

DCEmu Newbie

Help! Cant even get the menu to load...

I've patched neogeo.nds with DLDI Patcher 0.32 for my card (slot2 supercard lite/microsd), and placed it into the root. When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?

I do have a ROM on the root too, kof94.neo

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. BRAVO to the author of this. Free software rocks.

I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)

I have experience with DOS and I can't get the converter working through a line command prompt. (I'm carefully following the detailed instructions provided in the readme file)

I own a Mac so I'm trying to use my old Windows 98 (FE) to convert the games... (DOSBox on Mac won't convert them either)

Someone please help......

wow! so this really works?! I am totally getting this!!
    I hope the audio gets fixed

DCEmu Coder

> I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)
    The converter is built with visual studio 2005 express. You may need to install the redistributable package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

> When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?
    It may not work with your flash card for some reason. I will try to look into it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ingramb View Post
    > I can't get the converter executable working. (it keeps saying that I'm missing a. DLL file)
    The converter is built with visual studio 2005 express. You may need to install the redistributable package: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

> When I run it I get a black screen at the bottom, and a white screen at the top, and nothing else. Have I missed something?
    It may not work with your flash card for some reason. I will try to look into it.
    Not running for me in SC Lite 1.84

alright so im just trying to set up a noob guide for people, but, I am actually running into problems myself haha.

Using: R4

alright I have a neogeo.zip and a mslug4.zip (yes i do own the game and the backup is legitimate) and i stick the two zip files (still zipped) in a folder.

Then I copy over the contents of the NeoDsConvert folder, (which includes the exe) into the new folder. So I have the two zip files, and the folders Minizip, NeoDsConvert, zlib-1.2.3, the exe, the NeoDsConvert.sln, and the two zip files all in the same folder.

I double click the exe, and it goes through and spits out two new files, both with the .neo extension.

I place the folder NeoDs folder (that is extracted from the zip file that you download off of your site) onto my card. Then I put the two .neo files into the root of my card as well.

Then i turn on the r4, go through and open up the NeoDs.nds file, and it is auto dldi patched (i guess) and boots up. I see the list of the two .neo files, and click start for the mslug4

then the top screen is black, the bottom screen works and you can change the settings, and it runs at 60fps.

and then thats it. Yet no game shows up on the top. I tried the same method with another neo geo rom, but it did not work. So meh. I dunno what to do.

so i dunno if i did this wrong, but if i did, just modify my post so more people know how to do it =p
    Last edited by davidcrew; April 30th, 2008 at 00:25.

DCEmu Newbie

I get a weird glitchy green screen (it looks like some kind of logo but it is off the edge and parts are strewn about...) on metal slug 1 and 2, but on the neogeo bios it goes to a little menu thing for the emulator...

DCEmu Coder

You need to pass -bios1 (or a different bios) to the converter. It won't work with no bios specified. This is a bug that will be fixed.

ingramb, you're awesome.
    Simply awesome.
    Really simply awesome.

But can you write a step-by-step guide on using NeoDS?

Now, if only we had a SNES emulator...(that you could enjoy games like Super Metroid on)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information