Thread: I calleth upon thou to help a fellow gamereth. If thou wouldst

DCEmu Newbie

Default I calleth upon thou to help a fellow gamereth. If thou wouldst

I posted earlier about the possibility of making a Wii .elf capable of copying GC saves from the front SD slot to the GC memory card. Is there anyone out there who would be kind enough to create this? I have no clue whatsoever as to how to make this, but it seems fairly simple in comparison to some things being made. PREASE?? PWETTY PREASE??

DCEmu Rookie

There already is something like this created, called the GameCube Saver. You just boot it with the Twilight Hack, and it will copy any .gci files to your GameCube Memory Card.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank You Verdy Muchka. EDIT: It dinna work! What I doed wrong? It says "reset" Then there isn't the save data in the gc memory card menu.
    Last edited by Fredgoobus; May 5th, 2008 at 01:32.

DCEmu Newbie

Herroo?

DCEmu Rookie

According to the discussion on that Wiibrew page, you need to make sure the name of the .gci file is one or two characters long (something like 'aa.gci').

DCEmu Newbie

I have done so. Renamed it many times, downloaded different files, used four different sd cards, redownloaded the elf, tried both gc slots and two different memory cards, with and without a previous save, etc. It goes through a bunch of junk, then stops. If I hit a button it says "reset". I turn off the wii. No new saved data! I'm tryng to copy over a completed "megaman x collection" save so I can play Battle and Chase!! It doesn't give me any errors...

DCEmu Rookie

Sorry, but I've never used this before. I'm not familiar with how it works. What kind of SD card are you using? Certain SD cards don't work correctly with the Twilight Hack. If you aren't using a Sandisk card, and have one, try that. However, if you are able to run other programs with it, I can't imagine the card being the problem.

DCEmu Newbie

Indeed. I used four different SD cards, all of which worked with the SNES and GBC emulator. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong... Anybody else been able to use it?? It seems to be able to copy... there's a bunch of junk that flies everywhere and then it stops, just like in the discussion. But then there isn't any new data in the menu. Maybe the data is there but no reference to it in the "file table" or whatever you call a GC's file structure.

Thread Information